“Perfect” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Greenville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Greenville
“Perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is perfect for the area. Clean, cost effective, comfortable, up to date; I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Greenville. It's easy access right off the highway and is convenient to the businesses local to Greenville. Big recommend if you have to stay in the area.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I would like to Thank the entire staff for such a pleasant stay, from when I checked in to when I checked out Patricia was extremely helpful, and I would like to mention miss KAYLE...... Kayle really exceeded my expectation and I was very appreciative of her professionalism and kind attitude!!! Way to go Kayle keep up the good work!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We were in Greenville for an event at the Hunt County Fairgrounds and spent the night at the hotel. We chose the hotel because we have stayed at quite a few Holiday Inn Express hotels over the years and have grown to appreciate their consistency and because of it's proximity to the Fairgrounds. The property was clean and well-maintained. The staff was professional and courteous. We did enjoy that there were several good restaurants and a convenience store that were literally a short walk across the parking lot. Although very convenient to I-30, the property is far enough away so that no traffic noise could be heard from our room. The complementary breakfast was typical of this type hotel...good, but nothing to write home about. Using our AAA discount, we were able to get a 2-bed "suite" for about $100.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
helmhotelsgroup, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to learn that you found your stay enjoyable and to be a good value for your traveling budget. We use your feedback to help us improve the hotel experience for each of our guest and place a high value on your thoughts about your time with us. Thank you once again and we hope that we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest again very soon.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I reserved a room with two beds with Colt. Upon checkin, I was given a room with one. The lady at the checkin on 8/10/13 around 2p.m. was nice and changed it with no problem. Once in the room, I had a hot refrigerator. The nice lady at the desk advised maintenance, who seemed uninterested and bothered that she asked him to check it. Maintenance was unprofessional and not nice. When coming back to my room that nite, I could not get in the side door with my access/room card. I ran to the front to let my handicap mother in the side door and advised the front desk clerk who was dry and almost monotone. She ran my card and said "its inactive" although I had just let my mother in the room. When I asked her to speak with David Darden, the nite manager on duty regarding my displeasure with problems since my checkin, in her noncaring and monotone manner she went to get the nite manager only to return and say that the manager was sending and email and did not "have time" talk to me. I never heard from or saw the manager. Although I was pleased with the lady on checkout on 8/11/13 around noon that had checked me in with the prior day as well, the nite clerk (Jennifer) nite manager (David Darden) MIA, and maintenance "DO NOT" need to be in a position of customer service or need remedial training in the same. I would note avise this hotel to anyone due to poor customer service, problems after checkin and value. Also my handicap room was across the hall from housekeeping, who when they came on duty Sun morning slammed the door as the entered and exited, starting at 7ish and continued every 5-10 minutes until I checked out.

Room Tip: do not get a room across from housekeeping, due to the loud noise of them slapping the doors as they...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Olivia_Watts,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We are truly sorry for the poor service you received during your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

Although we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations, we hope you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chireno, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Very clean hotel. All staff was very nice and helpful. They had a very good choice of complimentary breakfast. All staff including maids would say hi and smile when you walked by. Parking area was lit up and had cameras. Felt very safe staying there. Beautiful clean swimming pool. Hotel was pet friendly. We will definitely stay there again the next trip to the Dallas Area.

Room Tip: Loved everything about this hotel. We will definitely stay here again the next time we go to the Da...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Helotes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I Am At The Hotel Now An I Must Say it Is A Nice Room. But There Is One Big Problem. I Am Told That Every Room Gets Three Bath Towels. It Doesn't Matter That I Am In A Suite With Five People. You Can Get Swim TowelS To Shower With But No Extra Bath Towels. They Even Ran Out Of Pool TowelS So A Group Of Four Couldn't Get Even Pool Towels To Shower With. The Girl At The Front Desk Tried To Call The Manager But No Answer. What Kind Of Hotel Doesn't Have Towels???

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank helot127
helmhotelsgroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
We would like to apologize for the lack of pool towels that were available on Saturday. While it is no excuse, we had a large amount of families in the hotel for a softball tournament and they rapidly depleted our inventory. We would never intentionally deprive any room or guest of bath towels. We hope that the discount that was given for your room will in some small way express our regret over the situation and in the future we will strive to maintain an adequate supply of pool towels and bath towels.
Livingston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

this was my third visit to this hotel this year. Each time I am met with a surprise. This time the management had decided that providing guests with soap was way too expensive, so the have opt'd to leave little bottles of bath gel in the rooms. I don't know about anyone else but I do not feel clean after using this type of product. I ended up going to CVS and buying a bar of soap. One other thing, if you are a Priority Club member (I am Platinum), do not expect your preferences to be taken into account when assigning you a room. You are not like to get what you ask for, let alone an upgrade. good news is there are lots of other hotels in town.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
helmhotelsgroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
We apologize that we did not have the desired complimentary items that you expected when you arrived at our hotel. We strive to make sure that each and every one of our guests receives the attention and amenities that they have come to expect at any IHG property. The issue was due to an operations error that has since been corrected. We truly appreciate your business, and hope that this unfortunate issue will not hinder you from returning to our property in the future so that we may serve you as best as possible.

Thank you for your stay and for being a valued Platinum Priority Club Member,

Management Staff
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
Greenville, Tx.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Monica Royale Inn & Suites
WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall
Magnuson Hotel Commerce
Magnuson Hotel Commerce
#1 of 2 in Commerce

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenville? Share your experiences!