“Our go to place for Chinese”

Yen Jing Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 102 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 April 2014

But bear in mind this is Greenville, TX. Its a rural outpost of Dallas, and with two other Chinese places with its doors closed within a few blocks of here it makes me wonder if Yen Jing was that good in comparison or they were that bad?

It serves very good Chinese food, especially for Greenville TX, if it was in Manhatten or LA it would find itself fighting to stand out, but here its a unique taste because there is only one other (I believe) in Greenville serving Chinese and its a nondescript buffet joint that is more about volume and not flavor.

Inside there is plenty of seating and its nice there is a dining room that is without a TV and a smaller side on with, so you have a choice. Its a comfortable place. Even when we have been there with many filled tables we didn't have service that suffered.

The Hot and Sour Soup is a stand out. The Egg Drop Soup is too bland, which Egg Drop Soup can be but its lacking here. The Seafood Soup I had last time I was there I found to be a nice surprise.

Their egg rolls and wontons seem to be like 99% of all the other Chinese restaurants.

I so often default to the House Beef with the rice sticks which is listed as spicy but I don't fid it spicy at all, so be prepared to add something hot to it if you want true spice, but its in a nice brown sauce and the rice sticks are a nice addition.

My daughter zeroes in on the Broccoli and Beef as she enjoys the slight crunch of the broccoli to the softness of the beef.

The Chicken Egg Foo Young is a hit with the family as well.

Its fairly recent addition of a bar is welcomed.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Very good stir fry foods (kung pao beef or chicken, etc, lo mein dishes). About $10 per person, but you get a huge meal (very common to have to take home half the dinner, perfect for next day's lunch). Closed on Sundays last I checked. Right next to Hastings book store.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Food wasn't very good.
The male manager was very rude to me when I didn't like my food and wanted something else.
The salt and pepper shakers were sticky and dirty.

1  Thank 65cheetos
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here every since I was a little child. This restaurant has the best Chinese food around. Love love love it!!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Always heard about how great this place was. I wasn't a big Chinese food fan until this place. We go here about once a month and it Awesome! Great portions too.