“Mold” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Economy Inn Greenville

Economy Inn Greenville
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenville
Economy Inn Greenville
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Greenville
Franklin, Tennessee
“Mold”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

Mold on most walls and furniture. Only light over bathroom sink was a construction light and holes in sheetrock of bath walls. . Holes in carpet, hairs on bed as if some one else had use the bed. Condom lying on floor beside of bed. No elevator to 2nd floor. Only 3 cars on parking lot made me fill unsafe. Lobby smell like mold. If had not been late at night and raining we would have gone somewhere else.

Room Tip: steps only to 2nd floor
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Hodge R

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Independence, KS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is my first time reviewing a motel and usually I would just tell the desk clerk in the morning how my stay went but the desk clerk was so rude, he is also the manager and then tells me he is the owner, wouldn't want to here how I felt staying here. So my brother told me to write it online so the public can see. Well it was the WORST stay EVER after saying at many motels when with our spouses. There was some kind of drug bust that happened down the end of the motel. We heard this really loud sound and looked out the window and there were all the police!!! not just regular police more like the special force or something it was scary! It happened at 6pm and they did not leave till almost 3 hours! and when they were gone we were ready to leave so we go to the office to ask for a refund but they said they wont give refunds things like this happen "all the time" seriously?? so we just left the motel and drove and stayed in Dallas. We did file a dispute with the credit card but I doubt the motel owner or manager whatever he is gives us our $55 back. Oh well. I am just glad we left that motel or I would of not been able to sleep all night!! Scary motel and the guy at the desk doesn't even care to listen or anything! and oh the phone in the room did not work, the smoke detector was missing, the tv remote was sticky so just used the buttons on the tv... anyways thats my story, up to you to stay there

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank Emmily H

Travellers are raving about these Greenville hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

My husband and I aren't picky people,but as soon as we shut the door we knew it was all wrong. The door wouldn't even lock!! The whole place was disgusting. Doors on tv stand were broken,stains on everything,and it just felt unsafe altogether. Luckily we got our money back

• Stayed December 2011
4 Thank mellowjeje
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

My mother son and I came to texas for our church's'annual conference. I was AMAZED by the service we got upon checking in. When we arrived the person at the frn desk was VERY RUDE. Then to top it off the key to our room didnt work.. This is AFTER I JUST LAID MY ONE YEAR OLD IN THE BED! It was R in the morning and when management could not open the door I decided to call the police. How funny is it that they got it open RIGHT as the Greenville police pulled up. Management tried to lie and say that the reason the door didnt open was because the deadbolt was "on". They obviously have no common sense because thats not even possible! They door wouldnt close if the deadbolt was on. They had to prop open a window(that should be LOCKED IN THE FIRST PLACE) inorder to get inside! Then they had the audacity to tell us that they didnt have another room to put us in but would give us a refund.. At 3 in the morning! Not even an apology came out of the gentlemen's'mouth! We had no choice but to stay in a room that locks everytime we leave the room and in order to get in we have to pry a screwdriver through the window! How ridiculous and unsafe is that?

I wouldnt reccommend my worst enemy to stay here! It is a DUMP and UNSAFE! It is a disgrace to the city of GREENVILLE!

Hey management.... "I did my best"

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank trojanbaby02
Connersville, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2008

We drive for a living and usually sleep in the van when we have room to do so, but this time we decided we needed a real bed, a hot shower, and some peace and quiet.

For less than $50, we got all of the above, and a not too terrible room. It wasn't anything special, the customer service wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't terrible either.

Having a microwave and fridge in a room that costs less than $50 seemed really amazing to me, when we've stayed in much nicer places for more money that had neither. And they were CLEAN. No food spatter, no odd smells, nothing. In fact, the entire room was clean.

My only real gripe was that the tub bottom was very slick, the "tread" things there had worn off, and we only had one large towel to share between us. The water pressure was good, the water stayed hot through my husband's typical long shower, and there were no problems with the toilet (something we usually run into everywhere we go).

No, there weren't any luxuries, but for a couple of simple, weary travelers who need a place to sleep and relax for a while away from our vehicle before the 15 hour drive home, this was a nice place to do it.

• Liked — Ease of access to the interstate.
  • Disliked — The smoke alarm battery was missing.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Talianna
TEXAS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2007

This was the worst hotel experience ever. The man at the front dest was very rude to us when we first arrived. We checked in then weren't even in our room for 2 minutes when we realized that we were suppose to be in lower Greenville in Dallas, not Greenville, Texas. We told the man our problem and he refused to refund us anything even though we didn't even stay there. He had our debit card information and still charged it anyways and I consider that stealing.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank NICNACTexas
Denison, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2006

We stayed at this hotel (Econpmy Inn in Greenville, TX) on Sept. 1, 2006. This place is a dump. I would not stay there again if you paid me to. Walls had peeling wallpaper and no pictures of any kind. The only decorations were the place where the smoke detector had been taken off the wall and had not been repainted. The commode did not flush and I had to take off the tank lid and hold the flapper down so it could be filled up with water every time it needed to be flushed. My daughter came running out of the bathroom screaming because there was a lizard in the bathroom. There were rust stains in the bathtub where the water had dripped continuously. My wife did not walk in the room unless she had her shoes on.

The most pathetic thing about it all was that the online details of the room stated that the hotel had "luxurious rooms that had been recently remodeled." That is an absolute lie.

After telling the hotel manager about our problems, he didn't even offer an apology. He simply said that he would tell someone to fix the commode.

Don't stay here!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away!
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank Bobcrede
gujugolf1, Owner at Economy Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 9 February 2007
This is the first time I have seen this review or even heard of anything like this happening at my property. The management has the right to remedy the situation before providing a refund to the guest. I do not have a problem giving a guest a refund if their stay was unsatisfactory, but the front desk personnel needs to be notified immediately. There is someone at the front desk 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If this person complained about the room, I would have personally checked the room with the customer and indeed given a refund. But no complaints were made, per our complaint log. We have a high standard of cleanliness in our hotel, and to see something like this is very disturbing. I disagree with the review given and feel that is unfair to judge my property as "A Dump!".