“Good grub”

The Grill
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Groom
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This little diner did not come up on the GPS, the one that did here, along the old route 66 and just off I-40, was a gem. We had a breakfast there and enjoyed much better food than we would have had at the chains. Highly recommend.
Dallas
“Good grub”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is where locals eat--mainly because it's the only place in town. Good basic food, great iced tea. Look for the muddy pick ups out side and the ranch clothes inside. Step back in time and enjoy!

Visited July 2013

• Indonesian first
“Outstanding, home cooked food”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stopped by The Grill after driving along Route 66 after reading some reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed! We both ordered the open faced hot roast beef with macaroni and cheese and green beans. Everything was quite obviously homemade and was delicious. The roast beef was fork-tender and the green beans were perfectly seasoned. We met the cook (Karen) and told her the roast beef was just like our mother used to make. It is a small restaurant and not fancy so you can definitely dress casually.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Susan R
Marquette, Michigan
“I love this place!!! Just passing thru but would love to come back someday!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

From the outside it doesn't look like much at 1st but the longer you're there & the more you look around you will notice all the adorable details. I love the planters & little statues outside. The women's bathroom is adorable. The food was deeeeeeelish!!!! I had the naughty burrito. It was the best burrito I've ever had! The cowboy burrito was was very yummy too. The owners were very friendly and nice. The younger waitress could use some improvements on being a waitress, she wasn't very friendly and never once smiled but otherwise a wonderful experience. If I'm ever in the area again I would absolutely go back!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank beachb0und2010
“Eat here if you like good food and personal service!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Found this place on google maps. Was a little worried when we pulled up because there is nothing else around. Glad we stopped! Don't be afraid to stop, you won't regret it. Lot's of choices on the menu. We decided on the special, chicken fried steak, green beans, jalepeno poppers, fried zucchini. Superb! Love home cooked food. My daughter got the club sandwich. Real ham and turkey, not deli meat! Finished off with a piece of homemade coconut cake. Great people run this place and serve real food. This was my favorite place to eat on our whole vacation! Will definitely make a point of stopping next time we are travelling on the I-40.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Havasublue
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“A good place to stop if you are driving through Texas.”
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Old west look. Definitely not fancy but the food was good and the service was nice. There are not a lot of choices for food along I40 and if you want to get out of the car for a meal The Grill works. Also they were pretty fast so that was a good point.

• Visited June 2013