“Pretty upscale for Hamilton, Texas...”

Crossfire Steakhouse & Cantina
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have eaten here over a dozen times through several owners and managers. They have a good set up but have been hit and miss on quality. I have not had a bad meal here and I have had some fantastic meals here. New managment has missed the mark to some degree. Steaks have not been as high quality. Once they claimed prime meat and I believed it. My last steak was tough as hell but tasted good. I love the mesquite broiler for the steaks. I especially like the green Chili grits. I wish they could get the quality control back to top notch!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have visited twice to this restaurant, both times on a Sunday for the buffet. The buffet is basic and the café has a nice rustic feel. The front of the building is really cool, as it looks like the Alamo. The best part of the buffet is the meat and the fried okra. The desserts are cake mixes or canned pudding, but I should leave dessert alone anyway. They have other vegetables, a small salad area, and three or four meats to choose from. I had steak last time and it was great. I do not eat bread with my meals, but each time someone at our table has asked for bread, and was told that they do not serve bread. If you eat bread with your meal, don't ask for it here. The first time I went, we had a great server. This last time, our server brought us our drinks and we never saw her again until she brought the bill. Overall a very filling buffet for a reasonable price. Nice drive out to the restaurant.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Just West of Hamilton on Hwy 36, Crossfire is located inside the Circle T arena complex. The layout is incorporated in the arena so that you can sit in their pub with a drink or dine-in while watching rodeo events in the arena. Some foods can be a bit interesting in their presentation or preparation, but I've never had a bad meal there. Not the cheapest place in town, but packed with atmosphere. .

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Average describes Crossfire pretty well. I've been eating here off and on for a number of years. The main problem with the restaurant is inconsistency. We have received bad meals two out of the last 4 meals we've eaten out there. I don't mind paying top dollar for a great steak, but I really don't like paying top dollar for a crummy steak and an old baked potato. Prices are too high for what you get, in my opinion.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Unexpectedly good food... Chicken fried steak, pork, grilled shrimp, chicken piccata , and variety of grilled steak.
Try the grilled asparagus, specialty green beans and green chili grits. Great bar area overlooks pool, or watch the
Arena to other side. Can be quiet, or standing room only and slow service,depending on the schedule of Circle T ...this place is kid friendly as lots of locals are there......Call ahead. Often have live bands. Don't miss the shop at other end of arena. Classy Clothing, boots, jewelry, purses.

1  Thank Keep0ntraveling