“Nice & Clean”

Super 8 Harker Heights
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Harker Heights

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel. The beds were comfortable (I would have liked more pillows). The staff were so helpful and friendly. I was a bit disappointed that there was no pool but there were more positives than negatives so I can overlook the one thing that I didn't like. The room was clean and smelled nice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shauna E
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A few years before my current visit, I chose this hotel due to the air conditioner at the home we were renting breaking down and it was great! It stands to reason that years later, I would return here (and I say "here" because I am actually submitting this review from my room!) when returning to the area to visit. Having recently lost my father for whom I was single-handedly providing care and subsequently placing my mom in an assisted living facility, I NEEDED this trip! After driving the TWENTY hours it takes to get to TX from NC, I wanted and needed to rest and relax.
MY HAD THINGS CHANGED and I should have noticed the change when checking in and noticing a PILE of bed linen (not sure if it was clean or dirty) on the floor behind the check-in desk in plain view. When we got to our room and pulled back the covers to check the bed, we noticed that the blanket had a burn hole in it, possibly from a cigarette. The bathroom seemed as though the hotel is operating on a Skelton budget as there was ONE TOWEL, ONE FACE CLOTH, and ONE HAND TOWEL for both me and my daughter. When we showered, we stood in dirty water as the plug in the tub would not remain in the raised position to allow the water to drain out of the tub. When we complained, the housekeeper for our floor was called in ON HER DAY OFF (and I only know that because she was sure to express that to me when she entered our room) and came into the room using the MOST FOUL LANGUAGE! She said that she had put two sets if towels in this room and that the b- - -ches that work here are treacherous but they were f- - -ing with the right one now! She added a rant about the m----f---ears as well but by this time I just wanted her out and therefore I can't recall exactly the comment. In her rant, my daughter emerged from the bathroom and the housekeeper apologized to HER for her language!
I realize this review is lengthy but I honestly wanted to give the REAL TRUTH about my experience here that you might make an informed decision!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Kathryn M
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

In the 3 times I've stayed here, it's been very quiet. It is priced well too. The reason I didn't give it a higher score is that the breakfast area isn't always fully stocked and there is an odd perfumed smell.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Killeen/Ft. Hood
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#10 of 33 in Killeen

Been to Super 8 Harker Heights? Share your experiences!