“Staff was absolutely wonderful!”

Courtyard By Marriott
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Harlingen
“Staff was absolutely wonderful!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here about a week ago and the hotel staff was extremely polite, helpful and kind. My original was having some work done and I let Tina at the front know about it and she was such a sweetheart and a delight to deal with. Also, it was 3:00 AM and she was still so helpful.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This wasn't my first time at the Courtyard and probably won't be my last. The customer service has always been stellar here. The rooms are a nice size complete with fridge and microwave. Beds are comfy. There is a nice bistro/bar in the lobby but if you want a bigger meal, there's plenty of restaurants nearby. Wifi was free, easily accessible, and fast. It actually is a very nice spot considering there's not much in Harlingen. Come here if you want some southern hospitality, y'all.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gina B
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed here while visiting my in-laws, I was not expecting much since on our previous stay the room looked old and tired. This 2nd time around the room was very nice. Not sure if they renovated the rooms but it was great. The gentleman at check in was also very helpful and friendly. We forgot our toothpaste and called front desk to ask for some and within minutes they brought us some. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Liz G
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Harlingen and didn't get any sleep for the three nights I was there. The toilet ran every 2 minutes and it was reported and reported and nothing was ever done about it. The staff wouldn't even offer me another room. The hotel has a horrible smell of burning plastic. I will NEVER stay here or at any other Marriott property due to the way the staff treated me.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jeff H, General Manager at Courtyard By Marriott, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
We want to sincerely thank you for your feedback and apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your recent stay with us. I have addressed the items you addressed with our team and ensure you that all items have been resolved.
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in August 2013. Great place to stay.

Pros: The hotel was very clean and quiet. My room was a good size and updated. Good toiletry products. Business center was convenient and there was more than one computer. Service at the front desk was excellent. Great location. Theater across the street and good restaurants in the driving area.

Cons: (If I had to be picky about something) The mini fridge was making some loud noise and I had to disconnect it because it was keeping me up at night. Also, the light in the bathroom needed to be brighter. When I closed the shower curtain, it was pretty dark. Lastly, the elevator was pretty outdated and a bit shaky, but it got me to the top floor.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Lara, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I don't usually eat breakfast, but many people do. I was amazed that they do not serve a free breakfast. There is coffee, although not an over abundance. They ran out and had to re-brew the first two mornings, but did not run out after that. The front desk person was aware of the situation and had a back-up pot ready as soon as the one was empty.
The staff is excellent and the rooms are very nice. Friends staying during the same period had problems with their air conditioner. But the staff did their best to get it fixed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Everything about this hotel was excellent. Front desk employees were polite. Our room was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The pool area was nice, as was the lobby and restaurant. It was a wonderful place to stay!

Room Tip: Some rooms had balconies, which I didn't know when we reserved our room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends