“Worth it...”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Harlingen
Dallas, Texas
“Worth it...”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Pros & cons of the Marriott Courtyard...

Pros...Clean, fresh rooms and a very affable, service-minded staff made for a very pleasant stay. As an FYI the relatively small pool offers two electric lift chairs for those needing assistance.

Cons....a little heavy handed with the Carpet Fresh (which always makes me suspicious), and there's one poor gal working the overwhelmingly busy "made to order" breakfast bar----so grabbing a coffee is a challenge. Note breakfast is not included in your room rate.

Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Colorado
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel but I thought is was expensive for the location. They did upgrade my room on arrival which was very nice. The breakfast is not included and they have very limited options for food and drink. It was a quick stay and they were very helpful so I would go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for spring break because of the VGA Reunion, our stay was great, clean rooms, great service, the only compliant we had was our room was kinda small for the 5 night stay and a family of 3, but other then that it was great!

Stayed March 2014
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here about a week ago and the hotel staff was extremely polite, helpful and kind. My original was having some work done and I let Tina at the front know about it and she was such a sweetheart and a delight to deal with. Also, it was 3:00 AM and she was still so helpful.

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This wasn't my first time at the Courtyard and probably won't be my last. The customer service has always been stellar here. The rooms are a nice size complete with fridge and microwave. Beds are comfy. There is a nice bistro/bar in the lobby but if you want a bigger meal, there's plenty of restaurants nearby. Wifi was free, easily accessible, and fast. It actually is a very nice spot considering there's not much in Harlingen. Come here if you want some southern hospitality, y'all.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gina B
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed here while visiting my in-laws, I was not expecting much since on our previous stay the room looked old and tired. This 2nd time around the room was very nice. Not sure if they renovated the rooms but it was great. The gentleman at check in was also very helpful and friendly. We forgot our toothpaste and called front desk to ask for some and within minutes they brought us some. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Liz G
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Harlingen and didn't get any sleep for the three nights I was there. The toilet ran every 2 minutes and it was reported and reported and nothing was ever done about it. The staff wouldn't even offer me another room. The hotel has a horrible smell of burning plastic. I will NEVER stay here or at any other Marriott property due to the way the staff treated me.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jeff H, General Manager at Courtyard By Marriott, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
We want to sincerely thank you for your feedback and apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your recent stay with us. I have addressed the items you addressed with our team and ensure you that all items have been resolved.