“The place to be !!”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Harlingen
Proctor, Minnesota
“The place to be !!”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

They always WOW me, from the moment I check in to the moment I checked it was almost perfect. I called and spoke with Roland to make my accommodations for my family and I when I was in town for business and some leisure. Norma is the breakfast attendant is always a pleasant lady that has made me feel at home during breakfast. Catherine the sales woman was soo helpful, she is definitely an asset to the establishment. I will definitely be back soon!!

Room Tip: They recently upgraded all TV's to flat screens!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Roy C
silvestro1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harlingen, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We do try to exceed all of our guests expectations and we
appreciate feedback form our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Calgary Alberta
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This hotel is clean, modern and has eveything you need for a great stay at a very reasonable price if you reserve early and online. I was visiting family in Raymondville but decided to stay in Harlingen. I found this hotel to be friendly, accomdodating and with king size beds that are so comfortable!! The breakfast is OK for what you get, but since its included in the price, there is no reason to complain. The coffee is hot, there are waffles and fresh fruit. Thumbs up for sure and I will definately be staying here again!! Great value!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kim B
silvestro1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harlingen, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you for your response, I have a wonderful staff that strive to exceed all of our guests expectations.
cypress, ca
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Our room had a funny smell, like mildew. Didn't think anything of it because of the flood that happened a few years back, a lot of the hotels have that smell. I just thought it would be gone by now? There was a cockroach crawling up the wall, There was some kind of smudged something on the walls. Bathroom had hair on the floor. There were crumbs on the floor under the bed. I complained to the manager, who then check out the room and told us they would comp the night and put us in a suite. We agreed, so long we could look at the room first. I have stayed here before and didn't have trouble. I am chalking it up to the room not being cleaned. I loved the breakfast choices.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
I am so sorry for your experience during your last stay. With the humidity it some times effects the guest room, but we strive to make sure that every room is pleasant for our guests arrival.
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites for the fifth time in Dec. 2012. The place is super clean, the staff is not only friendly but very knowledgeable and willing to assist in your needs. The breakfast in the AM is great and changes each day, everything is tasty from the coffee to the meat and eggs. I wish we could find such a place everywhere we travel. We shall return.
Marshall and Coletta Considine Prescott, Az

Room Tip: Ask for the AAA discount if you are a member.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MIconsidine
silvestro1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harlingen, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you for your comments, I have a wonderful staff that enjoys taking care of our guests.
Hudsonville, Michigan
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Although not a "stand out" in the hotel world, for where it is located and what I needed it to be it fulfilled my needs. The room was clean and in good repair. The staff was pleasant and helpful. They even give you a couple of drink tickets to attend there nightly "corporate gathering" where they have free appetizers. The only downside was the pool was closed due to repairs.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Jack G
We thank you for your reply, We do strive to be a "Stand Out Hotel" and apologize for falling short.
We strive to make each guest experience unique and enjoyable.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Basic accommodations, rooms could use a little refreshing, but clean and comfortable. Front desk very friendly and helpful. Close to freeway access but no restaurants within walking distance to hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank charlieflys
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I always stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Harlingen when I'm in the Rio Grande Valley. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful and I'm greeted with a warm welcome. Roland is always so helpful and Keith, too, is very detail oriented, friendly, and very thoughtful. Norma, who works in the breakfast room, is very conscientious and friendly. It's always a pleasure to stay here and the staff makes it even better.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family