“Just awful!!”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Harlingen
LaPorte, Indiana
“Just awful!!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I never book a super 8 motel because of the horrible things I've read about them. But we needed a room for a one night stay, and because of the rodeo being in Houston most of the good hotels were full. So against better judgment I booked it on line.When we arrived there was a smell, but I said to my husband maybe its just here in the lobby, WRONG! when we walked in the room the trash in the bathroom and the bedroom was not emptied and the table in the bedroom was full of trash!! the room smelled so bad it was musty and just smelly. My husband says I can put up with a lot but I cant do this I will sleep in the car. We went back down to the front desk and told the lady there what the problem was, and she said so you aren't saying with us, I said no. when I called my credit card to stop the charges, I told them what the problem was, my credit card company called me back a day later and told me that Motel 8 told them that they offer me another room and that they tried to make me happy but I was unwilling to work with them. I was upset that they went that far to make me look like the bad guy. In the long run I didn't have to pay for it. This was just awful!!!

Room Tip: I cant say anything nice so I wont say anything.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FPL2014
varshajhaveri, General Manager at Super 8 Harlingen TX, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
We are so sorry to hear about your stay. Unfortunately, our hotel is not the hotel you stayed at. This is not the hotel in Houston, Texas. We are located in Harlingen, Texas.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Harlingen
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The main thing I want to say is that when I called to book the room and told the booking agent that I was a frequent guest at Super 8 and that I should get credit in the Wyndham reward program, she said she could find no record in the system. This was the same thing that I was told in Chatham, Ontario last November, until I insisted that she double check and she eventually found me in the system. This is very frustrating and I don't think I will continue to choose Super 8 in the future, if I have to go through this hassle. I want this fixed and I want credit for my stay at Super 8, Harlingen, Tx February 15, 2014! That's all.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We are so sorry to hear about the hassle you have been through. Unfortunately, we don’t know how to fix this problem. We basically work off of what the corporate office tells us to do. Perhaps you can call customer service and they can help you manage your account.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

These reviews seem to be for a different hotel than we experienced - it's a real puzzle to me! It was dark, dirty, musty, and the kind of place you were afraid to take off your shoes in. The place desperately needs updating. Also, when I called ahead to reconfirm my prepaid reservation, I was told it didn't exist.

I cannot imagine how or why it is receiving positive reviews, except that I notice that the feedback I provided to the hotel chain to be forwarded to trip advisor has mysteriously 'disappeared' and was never published. I would never again book a super 8 stay, and will now take trip advisor reviews with a grain of salt.

On the positive side, the hotel operator was quite pleasant and subsequently found our reservation.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank brenda h
varshajhaveri, Manager at Super 8 Harlingen TX, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
am truly sorry for your experience during your stay at my hotel. This is the first time I have heard anything of the sort. We take great pride in our customerservice and cleanliness and always strive to surpass our guests expectations. If you would be so kind to contact me with further details, so I assure this does not happen.

GM-Varsha
Conroe
Reviewed 1 January 2014

For an inexpensive hotel chain, it was very clean, front desk employees were very friendly and very service oriented. Would definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We are glad to hear about your stay. Thank you for your comment and review. We would love to see you again in the future.

GM