“Labor Day Weekend”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Harlingen
Houston
“Labor Day Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Needed a Hotel relatively close to South Padre Island. I had waited to get anything at a decent price on the Island, so I decided to at Best Western in Harlingen, Texas. Excellent property. Great staff and a perfect location. I left the hotel and drove to Padre Island in about 25 minutes. Located right off the Expressway and it was nice and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I am so disgusted I Found bed bugs and got up at 1am and then had to get out of the room and try to find a new hotel I am so tired after. I am not happy About my experience and I am not impressed. My skin is red and Irritated from the bugs. To top it all off I came into town at 3 am and am going on no sleep. Very unhappy here on business and have to be up early and went to another hotel and they are sold out and and it is now 4 am and got lost going to new room. So Frustrated!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lfarleyg
HotelGMHarlingen_TX, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Casa Villa Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
A claim of bed bugs is a serious and slanderous claim. Fortunately for this guest the professional pest control service we use on a bi-monthly basis only found that the guest had cracked her window open and let in a couple of mosquitoes on a rainy day.
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

Had stayed here multiple times primarily because it was close to my office. The hotel is very spacious with large rooms even when compared to Texas standards, but the restaurant was kind of subdued with very limited selections for breakfast. No place at a walking distance to eat, except for a Denny's restaurant that served very good breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Crouse, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

My parents and I went from North Carolina to stay for a week in April 2012. This was the first time we had saw my daughter and her family in three years. We booked two king suites side by side. Large rooms and thank goodness, my 26 year old and her daughters 12 and 3 stayed with me and we had plenty of room and anything else we needed. My youngest grandaughter loved it. she had room to play and nap. the 13 year old bragged to her friends at school that she was staying at the Best Western. We had a ball. My parents couldn't have been more pleased. I did worry. Later to find I shouldn't have they were satisfied. Thanks to all there. I would stay with you again in a skinny minute.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 1st floor and my parents were even put in a handicapped room which worked out great...