“Worst Experience Ever, Do not stay there”
Review of Harlingen Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Harlingen Inn
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Harlingen
Reviewed 27 May 2008

We checked in to stay for a month while our house was being built. The room was gross. Extremely unclean and smelled horrible. The TV, Microwave and Air conditioner were broken and could not get them fixed for over 4 days and they are still broken. They offered to move us to another room that is the same and just as gross and unclean. There was no trash can, no toilet paper in the room. The area outside the room was dirty and trash everywhere. Lots of strange people outside at all hours. I do not feel safe. Very bad idea to stay here. There is a lot of noise at all hours of the night. This is by far the most disgusting place I have ever seen. We have asked for our money back so we can find a place that is clean and we can actually have AC and sleep at night.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank micahbgibbs

Reviewed 1 August 2007

This was the most GHETTO hotel I have ever stayed at!! Oh sure I thought it sounded great, low prices, family oriented hotel, boy did we get a wake up call!! First of all check in time was at 2:00, we didnt even get there until 3:45, and our room still wasnt ready. Then they put us in the wrong room we reserved a room with a microwave and refigerator, so we asked to be put in a room that we reserved and they try to charge us more, but we raised hell of course, and they moved us for no charge. then on top of that we just hoped to God that our car was still sittting in the parking lot in the morning, this is how ghetto it was. Then on top of that the room we were staying in's door had been kicked in before. So we slept with a table against the door just in CASE someone tried to break in, so it would give my husband enough time to get out his gun and me and the kids could hide. IT WAS RIDICULOUS!!!! Dont ever stay there it was trashy, very bad service, and the cable never worked, they were obviously too broke to have their cable on, but I honestly dont see how they get much business in the first place. The only reason we got suckered into it was because we went on hotels.com and it was 4th of july weekend, and that was the closest and cheapest we could get to Padre. DONT RECOMMEND IT AT ALL!!!!

Stayed: July 2007
5  Thank yoohooTx
A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2006

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. The building was run down, they shut the water off twice without notice and the customer service was poor. The only reason I chose this hotel was because I thought it was less expensive than staying in South Padre, Texas. Once I got into our rooms, I immediately tried
to locate another hotel but they were all booked except for the really expensive ones. We sweated it out
but it was not pleasant at all. Next time I'll budget better and just stay on the beach.

• Stayed: June 2005