“Due for refurbishment”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Harlingen
WEST CHESTER
“Due for refurbishment”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed here for five nights. I had stayed here for a week on two previous trips to Harlingen and was very satisfied with the value. This time, however, the room I was in seemed to be very worn. There were many nicks on the furniture, the carpet was stained, and the room had a slight moldy odor, possibly from the refrigerator (I bought some deodorizer at the HEB store across the street that helped), and the bathroom fixtures seemed worn. The bed was comfortable and the flat panel TV was fine. Breakfast was par for the course, although the lobby smelled a bit like paint all five days I was there. The maid did a good job with what she had to work with, but the room just felt a little dirty. The next time I visit Harlingen I will look for a more up-to-date property unless I learn that the LaQuinta has been refurbished.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed here for one night. I had first floor with 2 double beds. Room is a bit small for the 2 beds and the dresser and the work table with chairs but it worked okay. Might have been tight for 2 of us. Room was clean, bed was not too hard and not too soft. Bathroom was clean. I slept fine. I brought a noise machine with me but the tv has a white noise feature, I don't find that in most hotels.
My only peeve here is that the 'free internet', although free, never got a connection to it. So, you are without internet. It connected for 2 minutes and then dropped me. Never got back on.
I didn't utilize the breakfast, instead there is a HUGE HEB grocery store across the street where you can get just about anything you want.
Parking is okay, it wasn't packed out this past weekend so it was fine.
For the price, it was a good stay, clean room and no one bothered me. Employees didn't go out of their way to be friendly but did their job so I am okay with that.

Room Tip: Hotel is right near the highway so ask for a room in back if you think that will bother you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mousegirl954
Harlingen
Reviewed 24 November 2013

"Click-click" sound throughout the night-:(
Staff was friendly. Thanks for use of a computer to make copies of boarding passes. Continental Breakfast was good.
A banner on the building advertised rooms at $69.00. Travelocity advertised $80.00; however when I logged on my options were higher-:(

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This is one of the older properties owned by this chain. While there have been some upgrades over recent months/years, much more could be done. The TV, carpet and mattress are somewhat new, but that's about it. I felt relatively safe staying there and the employees at the desk were courteous. Overall, not the quality of some of the newer La Quinta properties but ok for a one or two night stay. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The back side of this property is not well lit at night. I would try to get a room closer to the of...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo