“Perfect road trip stop”

Toodie's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Hearne
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped on our way home from a weekend at the river and Toodie's was perfect! The BBQ was great and the family was kind and accommodating. It was just the right way to end our small town weekend on the way back to Houston.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Family of six. Friendly service. Clean. Great food. Will stop here again. I see why this rates number one.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had the rib plate with green beans and it was great. The brisket was lean and good also. We had a large group (21) lunch there and they did a great job accommodating us.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was recently in Hearne visiting relatives and they took me to Toodie's for BBQ. Having eaten BBQ from all over Texas I was figuring that it was just another BBQ place and wouldn't be any thing special. Well to my delight I was very wrong. They had some of the best BBQ that I have had in a very long time. They have a very good selection of meats, side dishes and condiments for what ever you are craving and I like the fact that they keep a pot of warm BBQ sauce right next to the soda machine instead of just bottles of cold BBQ sauce on the tables. The restaurant is kept very clean and the staff are very friendly and will great you with a smile and hand shake and to top it off the prices are very reasonable. So if you are ever in Hearne and want great BBQ give Toodie's a try I do believe you will leave feeling very satisfied that you chose them.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Our group called ahead and Toodie's had everything ready with big smiles on everyone's face. They really are happy to cook for you. Everyone enjoyed their ribs, brisket, and sandwiches. A fellow traveler confided she was a potato salad 'snob' and after one taste of Toodie's, she was in heaven! I had the BBQ sandwich which had a ton of meat. The deserts were just ok; maybe they outsource them.

This place couldn't be cleaner; someone was always wiping down surfaces, tables, and counters. You can actually see the guy cooking the meat behind the restaurant. The BBQ has that great smoke taste, but you won't leave smelling all smoky because Tootie's has great ventilation.