“Proceed with Caution ”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Momma's Seafood & Steaks
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

After spending the day lounging around Toledo Bend we decided to go to dinner. We choose this restaurant because of the good review. The restaurant was somewhat busy, but not packed by a LONG shot... We waited about 15 mins for someone to take our drink order. That took about 10 more mins to get. Then we ordered an appetizer and the seafood platter and crawfish for our entrees. An hour passed and we didn't even get our appetizers, then we started to complain when some people who came in after us had eaten and were leaving! Long story short, the appetizer came out and hour and a half after we arrived and so did our seafood... I never got my salad and after we waited another 15 mins we asked about the crawfish and they had forgotten them. By the time we got our crawfish it was almost 9pm and we got there at 6:45... Not
To mention by that time of night rolled around the crawfish water had so much seasoning in it they were too hot for my son to eat. He cried and his lips began to swell because they burned him so bad.... My south Louisiana husband said they were so hot that even he couldn't eat them. When management asked us how we liked it we told the truth, that we didn't care for them and they argued with us and were incredibly rude. I thought "the customer was always right," but not at Big Mommas House. The fried food was good. The gumbo didn't even faintly resemble gumbo, and the crawfish... Well...

3  Thank Localli

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My bf and I stumbled across this place when we made a drive to Toledo Bend yesterday. We were starved and asked a gas station employee to recommend a place and Big Momma's is what we got. We drove on over to Hemphill and it was right past Pendleton Bridge into Texas from the Louisiana side. What can I say? It was awesome! The atmosphere was perfect, the food was plentiful and delicious, and the people working there were nice and friendly. And it didn't cost and arm and leg, either. Lots of mounted wild game on the walls, big flat screen TVs, and a bar in the middle of the room for mixed drinks and relaxing. My bf is still talking about it today lol. They just opened in October, so I hope they continue being this good bc we definitely plan to go back!

1  Thank bellesmom08