“Pleasantly Suprized :-)”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hereford
Springfield, Missouri
“Pleasantly Suprized :-)”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

After reading some of the reviews I was apprehensive but what a nice suprize to open the door into such a HUGE, lovely room!!! But first, staff deserves honorable mention, as the gals were sweet & efficient, and both check in & out were a breeze. There were two doors: one opened into an interior garden courtyard area off the front office, and the other I was able to park in front of, which made it so much easier to unload luggage/laptop, etc. I especially appreciated this as it was bitterly cold, with sub-zero wind chill factors. Lots of beautiful granite countertops ~ both in the bathroom/shower/sink area and in the adjoining vanity/dressing area. Flat screen TV, fridge/micro, free wifi with great signal. The bed was comfortable and the linens were nice, with fat fluffy pillows. Lots of meat processing plants in the area give the whole town a very distinctive "smell" and there is alot of truck & train traffic but that goes with the territory. It is not what I would call a vacation destination spot but rather a Texas town filled with down to earth, hard working folks, truck drivers and ranchers. There were "bargain" motels in town but they looked kind of sketchy and I was very grateful to find such a nice motel. Parking lot was well lit and I felt my vehicle was secure. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
BWhereford, Manager at Best Western Red Carpet Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience. We strive each and every day at the never-ending task of improving and delivering superior customer service to our guests and very much value and appreciate your feedback.

BEST WESTERN Red Carpet Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lubbock, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The room smelled like cigarette smoke so much so that all of my clothes ended up smelling like I had stayed in a bar. The bathroom had one of the smallest toilets I had seen. And Im an average guy of 185lbs. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. If you would let us know we could send someone to refresh your room. Our priorities are service, cleanliness, and guests' safety, among other things so we take these issues seriously. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Prosper, United States
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Great place, environment, rooms and value. everyone was just terrific and welcomed me like I was extended family. I will recommend this place anytime. It is older but very clean and boy the bed was the most comfortable bed I slept in in along time. I am happy with our stay at this location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Laird B
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We work hard to make your stay happy. Your business is very important to us. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This was a terrible place to stay. The advertise one price on the big sign outside but when we stopped with a truck full of tired kids and went in to book two rooms, we were told that that was their daily rate if you stayed during the week. This was nowhere to be seen on their sign. Besides the town having a stench that stuck in your sinuses for days, this hotel was dirty, smelly, and not worth the money charged. We had stayed all across the country by this point and out of all the places we have been, this is one that we would not recommend to anyone. The water smelled and was gray and left a smelly film on everyone. We could not wait to get out of this place and this hotel so we could bathe after bathing here. It was awful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review as we encourage feedback from our guests which helps us in our every day goal of delivering superior customer service. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I would like find out more information about dirty water and would appreciate if you could contact me directly at the hotel or via message/e-mail. Our priorities are service, cleanliness, and guests' safety, among other things so we take these issues seriously. If these things did indeed occur at our property, we will take the proper steps to resolve these issues to make sure our future guests to not experience this.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was surprised at the quality of this hotel. In a smaller city but has much to offer and very friendly/ courteous staff. The room was a great size, with nice amenities. The outside looks fair but the inside is much better. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWhereford, Manager at Best Western Red Carpet Inn, responded to this review, 23 November 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We learned that one should never plan to stay in a town named after a cow. The smell struck us from over 20 miles away from the cattle processing plants all around Hereford, Texas. I’m not talking about farm cattle smells. I’ve spent a lot of time on farms and I like that smell. I’m talking about a water-your-eyes-and-keel-over odor. By the time it struck it was too late to close off outside air in our car. We got a late start from Carlsbad Caverns and had driven for hours across the most desolated country we’ve ever seen in the U.S. The local smell is, of course, not the fault of this hotel.

The Red Carpet Inn is an old motel, not a hotel, with outside doors. The bathroom fan rattled loudly. But the bed was Best Western comfortable and we slept well. Then we opened the door to go to breakfast and about fell over from the smell. There are no words to describe it. It is just awful.

For a complete report please visit frictionfactor.com/422

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cloudstepper
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you slept really good. As we all know this town is called " Beef Capital of the World" and we have several cattle processing plants in Hereford.

Once again Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Lubbock, Texas, United States
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel one or twice a year for the last 20 years. I have never been disappointed. Staff is friendly and helpful. Hotel is clean. I do like the older wing better, but I have only stayed in the new wing one time. New wing is more up to date but a little noisier than I have experienced in the older wing.

Room Tip: Request to stay in the older wing of the hotel. Newer wing is nice but a little noiser.