“Greasy Trap should be the name.”

Koffee Kup Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Hico
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We ate here recently. I had a cheeseburger w/ onion rings. The meat was burnt & less than an inch thick. It was a bun piled w/ lettuce, onion, pickle, & a whole jar of mustard. Onion rings were good, but really greasy. my son had a corn dog & it was literally dripping w/ grease. gag. i had pecan pie, it was dry & stale. i LOVE pecan pie ($4.99/slice) & i have had better from the frozen food section @ the grocery store. my son had a dish of ice cream that was practically melted when he got it. When we asked for some that wasnt melted, she replied, "well ya know,it's hot outside." soo that means your ice cream is melted?? My son ended up getting sick w/ throwing up & diarrhea that night & the next day. Narrowed it down to either the corn dog, ketchup, or ice cream he ate. Service was slow & it is so cramped & loud. Will not ever return. Way overpriced & overrated!! I nearly pasted out @ our nearly $55 tab (excl tip)for 3 adults & 1 child. all we had were 2 hamburgers,1 order onion rings, chicken strips, corndog, 2 pieces of pie, & 3 teas. We could have eaten @ a really nice steakhouse!!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This place is Texas pie at its best. The food itself is spotty. I've had some great home cooking here, but also some pretty mediocre meals. The atmosphere is pure small town Texas. So, come between meals and hunker down with a big ol' piece of pie and some iced tea.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We visited the Koffee Kup in the morning after a long hot day and warm night campout. The service was excellent and the food pretty good. Although my egg order was wrong, what I ate was still good. The bacon is nice and thick and almost reminded me of the bacon I had in Germany. The hash browns and toast rivaled some of the better breakfasts I have had. I had the wife and two kids and the breakfast was still less than $30. The waitress was very attentive and took the time to have personal conversations with her customers. My only real complaint was the restrooms are so small that every time I moved, the hand dryer kept turning on. The restaurant is family friendly as it says right in the name. The restaurant is also totally smoke free. The town seems to be on the verge of becoming a Ghost Town, so stop in before everything disappears!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

If you're driving through central Texas, try using highway 287 instead of interstate 35. You'll discover some cute little towns and have the chance to eat at this fantastic spot. The burgers are so good! We tried the cream cheese and jalapeno burger because it was on the Texas Monthly best burgers list, and we really liked it. The pies are outstanding so save room for dessert!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Have stopped here before for pie but this time had lunch. Burgers cooked to order that are a 1/2 pound. Homemade onion rings piled high. It is always busy due to popularity but not a long wait. Good place to run into old friends or make some new ones on your travels. Same room for pie, all homemade there too! Strawberry is my favorite.

Been to Koffee Kup Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!