“Average diner food and extremely slow”

Koffee Kup Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Hico
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
benbrook, tx
“Average diner food and extremely slow”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

This location is popular with locals and travelers. However, our experience (we have been two separate times) is less than favorable. Our biggest complaint is the wait time. The service is fine but the kitchen takes too long getting food out to customers. You shouldn't have to wait 30 minutes to get a sandwich. We also feel that there items are lacking seasoning. The food is hot and fresh - and is okay - but it is not anything special. My wife and I decided that we won't be going back.

Visited November 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Cant go wrong with any pie; must get the onion rings, perfect!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Road trip required stop over, walked in mid Sunday afternoon, place was full, only wait was for table to be cleaned in this tiny place.

Got the Cactus Jack burger with onion rings, Chicken Strips plate, slices of Black Forest and Doctor Office Pie, tax and tip of $38.

Burger a bit pricey at $10, patty was large, bun was homemade, expertly grilled buns. Onion rings were in a word, outstanding! Just the right amount of crisp on the batter, not too thick or thin, onion was not too hard or soft, just perfect, you have to try them,

Chicken Strips plate was HUGE, enough food for at least two meals. Sides were just an afterthought.

Black forest is two kinds of chocolate, so that’s a winner for me, but the Doctor Office was a great choice as well. Hard to go wrong with any kind of pie here.

So if you are in Hico and can get a table without a long wait, go for it! Pie solves everything.

• Visited November 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Pie Pie Pie”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Doctor's Office Pie is amazing, Pecan Pie is yummy.

Food is so-so, but the pie is amazing.

Eat at Hard 8 BBQ in Stephenville and the make the short ride to Hico for Pie at the Koffee Kup. Then fast for two days to balance out the gluttony!

Norman, Oklahoma
“Very good pie”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My family stopped in here on our way to Fredericksburg, TX. The meals were OK, not great. But, the pie was wonderful. I saw 2 couples come in for the pie only. I will do that next time.

• Visited October 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Koffee Kup Katastrophy”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went on a weekend. 30 minute wait to get in, ordered 1 dish, chicken livers and onion rings. People who came after us served ahead of us. After 55 minutes I stopped Tammy and asked why so long. She brought us our dish, cold as ever with jellied gravy. Told her, not asked, to bring us hot food, not this horrible stuff. Yeah, people were looking at us.. 10 minutes later we got warm, not hot, food but still jellied gravy. Had to get our own coffee. She gave us the check and walked away without serving us our pies so I had to go to pie counter and get them. No one in charge of the floor, utter chaos. Overpriced pecan pie tasted like cardboard and Key Lime was 1/2 crust with an explosion of whipped creme hiding what was left of the Key Lime. I am a biker who rides 15,000 miles a year and eats out almost daily, and a professional Landman and in many, many years this was one of the few times I did not tip. I will take the Koffee Kup off my list of places to eat.

• Visited September 2013