“Nice Hideout Close to Bangkok”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chakphong
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We enjoyed our last weekend in Rayong Marriott. The Hotel has something for everyone. I visited with my family as a recommendation of a friend. Our check out was very quickly. I brought my bicycle and they store it right away. The personnel is very professional everywhere around this hotel. During our weekend we enjoyed the pools, the beachfront, the spa, the fitness room, the lounge and also took two different tours.

One tour was bicycle tour near the hotel. Two guides took us around the hotel on a 2 hrs ride for 16 miles. It was very nice. We rode inside a botanical garden and for me it was very enjoyable. Also rode around

We also took a boat to Koh Thalu which is a small island 20 minutes from the hotel. We arrived early and enjoyed excellent snorkeling. It was getting crowded at 1:00 so decided to leave early and it was hot too. The tour was organized by the hotel. My kids had a blast too. This Hotel has a very complete Kid's Club area included in the room. They organized activities for them along the day. We had a good international buffet dinner every night and also during breakfast and was very compete including roti and indian food.

During the first morning I went down to the beach and unfortunately I found one of the pool areas in bad shape. Apparently there was a party the night before and there were glasses, cups and bottles in one area and the alcohol smell was bad. This was corrected quickly but I was disappointed.

During the Saturday evening I had a glass of wine in the lounge in very comfortable chairs. I want to come back while I am still here in Thailand. There are other areas that I think I want to visit and they are nearby like the natural park and the waterfalls. in addition to other islands near by.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
trevormay, General Manager at Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

May 12, 2014

Dear Ortiza

Your review is indeed very meaningful and detailed on number of positives that they hotel is doing but also some areas that the hotel is would be able to make improvements.

We have been working hard on the enhancing our activities program for all ages, and know that you were able to partake in some of the the activities being offered and enjoying them

It is also pleasing to know that you found the food being offered was to your liking.

I also appreciate your feedback on the condition the pool area after an evening event and something I will be discussing with my team to ensure that we can improve in this area.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

staff and establishement are really very good !
the personnel in check in is very friendly, efficient; polite

we stayed for 3 nights, we really enjoyed !
the room was spacious ; we had a suite ; around 100 sq.m ..very nice decorated; the view to the ocean is really spectacular

the food in fish bar is really very nice; you have to go there and enjoy the nice cooking and the wonderful view !

Thank you for your hospitality !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

May 12,2014

Dear Harris T

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Rayong and your comments and review of the hotel on your recent stay.

It is pleasing that you found your room was satisfactory and got to enjoy the view from the room, which can be amazing.

I will be passing on your comments to the Chef that you found the food quality of a good standard

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Talk about good first impressions! Upon my arrival, I was automatically upgraded from a mountain view to an ocean view room at no extra charge. In fact, I was so impressed with the hotel, I extended my stay by one night. The room, along with the ocean views, were nothing short of spectacular. Room was spacious and spotless, along with modern décor. The main restaurant provided a tasty breakfast buffet. The Fish Bar restaurant near the beach also provided top of the line ambience, along with great food/cocktails.
There were a couple of minor issues I had during my stay. One of the Thai staff, I don't recall his name, working at the pool bar was not very friendly, nor did he acknowledge me after I paid my bill. My other complaint (not necessarily aimed at the hotel) is at the parents who have no clue how to discipline their kids. On a couple of different occasions, while attempting to relax in the main outdoor lounge, there were little kids running through the lobby and lounge screaming at the top of their lungs. The father, along with the Staff essentially ignored what was going on and seemed to turn a blind eye. Not a very relaxing way to spend an evening at a 5 star hotel.
Outside the hotel, if you are thinking of going out for a night on the town, then be prepared to pay outrageous taxi prices. Whatever you do, always try and negotiate. I used the hotel concierge to help negotiate my fare. The hotel does offer a free R/T shuttle between the hotel and Ban Phae, which is where you go if want to take a trip out to Kho Samet Island.
Finally, I'd like to end on a positive note and acknowledge two of the Staff who went above and beyond the call of duty. The first is a nice German lady who was in charge of food services.
The other being Hamish from the UK. Hamish was the most friendly and outgoing person one could possibly meet. Best of luck to the both you and hope to see you again!
Overall, my experience was a positive one and I would definitely not hesitate to return again!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 9TH Floor facing the ocean. Highly recommended!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
trevormay, General Manager at Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

May 7,2014

Dear Jim P

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor and that your stay with the Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa was enjoyable.

General Manger

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is was first time staying at a Marriott and i must say the Resort is stunning , Beautiful and spacious .

Check in was smooth and had got a nice Sea view room.
,Decent Breakfast selection at the c-salt cafe.
Had dinner at the Fish Bar restaurant at the beach on most evenings , very good food and great service from Hamish and all his staff.

Also tried a couple restaurants at Maephim recommended by the bell staff which were
also pretty good. JoJo and Tequila . Tequila also has a free shuttle service which is handy.

*Just a few suggestions..
1.The Complimentary shuttle only leaves during the day but not in the evening, a 6-7pm shuttle would be usefull,seen as the taxi just 15minutes to go to Maephim for dinner cost 800bht.
2.Make a small manual in the room explaining how to use the lights and shower temp control

Really enjoyed my stay at the resort and will definitely recommend it to others .

Room Tip: Go for the Ocean View rooms .
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike F

May 7,2014

Dear Mike F

Thank you for taking your time to post your review of our Hotel in trip advisor and I am delighted that your stay with the Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa was enjoyable.
I will be passing your comments Hamish and his team of the positive feedback you have given.

In addition on your other comments, I would like to confirm we are currently looking at the scheduling of the shuttle bus to see if there are other times we should be offering this service.
I would will also look at how we can best explain to our guests on informing them on the guest room lighting and air conditioning

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in one of those mountain view rooms. Hotel is green with spacious rooms and friendly staff. If your budget allows book the sea view rooms, mountain view is not that great. Pools are nice and the restaurants serve good food. However the buffet dinner at C Salt Cafe is not worth the money.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

May 7, 2014

Dear CuriousSneakers

I will discuss your comments on the value for money for the C-Salt dinner with my F&B team to ensure we are meeting out guests expecations.

General Manger

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel itself is very nice . Well maintained , large gardens, huge pool.
The staff however is horrible. They were way too many trainees, and I don't want to pick on them but they did lack a lot of common sense, which made it very annoying . Except for one young lad , Hamish, he was a trainee from the UK and was the only clever and sensible one . For example I ordered a coconut at the poolside and it came with a small opening and a straw with a spoon, there was no way the spoon would have fit in the hole that was cut open. What was the spoon for ? Slurping the coconut water? Why even give the spoon when it's obvious I can't pluck the coconut out because it wouldn't fit . Just things like that.

The check in time was at 2pm, and we got our rooms only at about 5-6pm. Had to sit and wait at lobby for several hrs.

This hotel is full of kids , it's built for kids , the kids club was awesome , so couples beware . I was in the gym and kids were running around bouncing the medicine ball , skipping on the treadmill, and just going wild . There were staff there and they just ignored. I thought they had moved the kids club to the gym. Sauna and steam room was an excuse of a room, just tiny .

They had mountain bikes by Giant which is awesome although there was really no where you could mountain bike , but the fact they had mountain bikes by Giant is awesome.
I came here with my parents and my brother's family and his kids were having a blast at the pool, especially the slide , so at least they enjoyed .
The breakfast is good, can't complain. all in all good hotel but poor service , not impressed by Marriot.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Tonyzaman
alle2014, Manager at Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Tonyzaman

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience with the Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa.
Thank you very much for your compliment for our facilities, kids club and Hamish.
You indicated in your response that your experience with service at pool, check-in experience, and kids running around at Gym. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Vathanya Phantachai
Resident Manager
Rayong Marriott
mhrs.bkkrr.rm@marriotthotels.com

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights in a deluxe ocean view room. The view of the beach was great. A small niggles was the small designed tea making facility, hardly room to fit the kettle. The pillows were much to soft and gave neck ache. Apart from that the room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good with selections from bacon and eggs, cereals, hams and cheese, fruit, cakes and waffles. There are two pools and two restaurants. If you prefer to eat outside the resort then go to Mae Phim about 7 miles away. The restaurants will pick you up and take you back for free if you eat at their place. Great fish available. The location is quiet but enjoyable with very few western tourists.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chakphong
Novotel Rayong Rim Pae Resort
Centara Q Resort Rayong
Samed Villa Resort
Samed Villa Resort
#2 of 20 in Ko Samet

Been to Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!