“Dingy”

BEST WESTERN Hondo Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hondo
“Dingy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Worst place ever.too expensive and the staff is so rude. Not recommend to anyone. Rooms smell like smoke and mildew. Breakfast was nothing new. And trash all over the property not picked up for days. Bathroom in lobby not cleaned at all. I would drive to san antonio before staying here

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank sullivanrita

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

A little pricey for what I got.
Front desk staff gone during breakfast and no receipt slid under door. Left without a receipt.
Can hear frequent train in distance, but hotel is set back far enough to reduce noise to tolerable levels.
Clean/neat/attractive enough. Slept well.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank horseshrink
Bluffton,Tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

When I drove up to the Best Western,there was trash all over the place and it was there for the 3 days I was there.
At check in it was okay,tell they told me that I couldn't use my rewards card because the company I was working for was paying for the room,but after they talk to a manager they found out that I could put the points on my B/W rewards card for the stay.
I stay on the 2nd floor,The room was clean for only one day,but for the other days it wasn't clean and the shower didn't work at all.
The swimming pool was a milky white.
The company I working for rent the meeting room at the B/W,It was clean but the chairs were to small,my legs fell a sleep.
There is a restroom next to the meeting room,this rest room was never clean the 3 days I was here.
It's funny they have maid service,but the maids take a lot breaks.And one of the maids brings her child to work,then the child would hog the guess computer.
The breakfast was okay,but they didn't have OJ the whole time I was there.
One time at breakfast the girl at the front desk with the top of her lungs was telling her daughter on the phone what she could wear that day.
I stay at B/W all the time and by far this is the worst one I ever stayed in.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank nazirites
Kerrville, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

The amenities are fantastic and made a trip to Hondo even more pleasant. The staff was fantastic. Our rooms and common areas were very clean. The price of our stay was very reasonable. I plan to visit often as it was very enjoyable staying here. A total surprise! The wi-fi was not so great but acceptable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Alpine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

My husband and I liked this hotel very much. It is just out of San Antonio, so it is safer and more of a rural setting. The women at the desk didn't even need our name. My husband walked in and said we had a reservation and she said, "Yes, Mr. ...." Not much of a scenery, however there is a fitness room, pool and free wi-fi. We didn't use any of these because we were very tired from our travelling. We "will" stay there again. Cost us 84.00$ for a two queen bedroom w/desk, frig, safe, and all the usualls. Free continental bkf. I had a yogurt. I really like a clean bathroom and this one "is" very clean and of course, NEW!!! :-)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Pecos, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

Spent one night at Best Western in Hondo. Motel was reasonably clean, and the staff accomodated our family with a meeting room after a funeral, however......
Customer service and folow-up by management was POOR!
Found a live scorpion in my bathroom next to the toilet, captured it in a cup, and asked to recieveve a call from the manager. Still waiting 2 months later.......Oh well, goes well with th "pond" they called a pool; so green it was unusable.
As a matter of principal, I would drive to San Antonio before I would EVER stay in this motel again. Waited 30 minutes for coffee at 7 am breakfast bar.

Room Tip: some of the rooms have live, poisinous creatures to inhance your "outdoor camping experience&qu...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

The Best Western in Hondo is friendly, comfortable, and convenient. The Wi-Fi was not great, but was adequate. They could have done a better job of vacuuming some of the carpets in the common areas (especially the staircase in the lobby, which was noticeably dirty) but the room itself was clean and comfortable. It would be good if they offered healthier breakfast options, but that is a problem with most hotels like this. All in all, this hotel provided everything I needed for a clean, comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hondo
Regency Inn
#1 of 1 in Castroville
Stony Ridge Ranch
Stony Ridge Ranch
#1 of 1 in Hondo

Been to BEST WESTERN Hondo Inn? Share your experiences!