“The look and feel of Old Mexico...Great Tex- Mex in Hondo!”
Review of Azteca Restaurante

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Azteca Restaurante
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Hondo
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 7 February 2013

The fajitas and enchiladas were awesome. The servings were very plentiful and the waitstaff very accomodating. I've been meaning to try this restaurant for a while. On a recent trip to Hondo, my wife and I tried it and we were both very pleased with our experience and the cuisine.

1  Thank Frank R

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Very colorful, almost gaudy, Mexican decor with year-round Christmas lights. In spite of this, the food and service are VERY good. Best enchiladas in the county. Please open on Sundays!

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I love this place. Get the shrimp fajitas, they are to do die for. I can't recommend anything else, 'cause that's all I ever get.

Cool thing about the place is that they have signs asking not to tip the staff - I guess they pay them a little more.

2  Thank Gideon_Krasmanic
Reviewed 11 January 2012

OMGosh! I read the reviews so we gave it a try. The service was poor, the food was worse than poor and the restaurant was filthy. I didn't even take a picture of the food because the presentation was up to poor standards. I ordered the enchilada plate, comes with two enchiladas, rice, beans and one flour tortilla. The beef enchiladas were tasteless, no spice what so ever, the rice was over cooked and what was the yellow color coming from and they must of tee'd off mama because the tortilla was tough. Over priced for what one gets. Come on, it's mexican food and how can you mess that up? The service was like, yeah, what can I get you.

1  Thank toadscar
Reviewed 7 December 2010

We were driving on I-90 East and stopped off here, because it looked a bit more inviting than some of the other railroad towns along the highway. The restaurant, right off the main drag of Hondo, is dirt cheap, had very friendly and accomodating service, and it's a great place to stop in for lunch while passing through the area. Restaurant is large and kitschy, but the waitress was friendly, and it was a comfortable and casual environment--obviously a well-loved local place that's been family run for 70+ years. Food was alright, and there is plenty on the menu to choose from.