“Yucky!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hondo
bRAZORIA
“Yucky!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

If you like roaches, filthy floors and a sticky jaccuzi, you will LOVE this place. The only good thing I can say is that the lighting is so dim that you can't see how nasty everything. I travel quite a bit and this place is one of the worst I have ever experienced.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Donna S
gmsuds, Owner at Hondo Executive Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
First of all i would like to say i.am very sorry about your stay and offer you a full refund .
I spoke to my manager and he informed me that our monthly pest control guy had been 2 days before and that the reason you saw dead ones or nearly dead ,
when the maids are in their they clean up all dead bugs if any but due to spraying they would come out after . Still thats no excuse. the lights are energy saving bulbs and they take time to get bright so i talked to the manager and he told me he had,nt had any complaints about that so it was over looked .I will buy brighter bulbs myself sorry about that.
last of all that room has rented before and to this date for the last month anyone are welcome to call the hotel for proof of no complaints.
finally this reviewer can get a full refund ask for owner and explain why calling and they will refund it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I will stay here every time that i come to Hondo TX NO DOUGHT I've stayed at Regioncy DISGUSTING and best western (Had no money to do anything after i payed twice what i would at Executive inn) the rooms are clean nice rooms very comfortable beds. maids are wonderful got me whatever i needed the front desk workers were extreamly nice just all very good experience if u want to have some money to do stuff but still want luxury i most defiantly suggest Executive Inn

Room Tip: i stayed in room 131 GREAT rrom also have stayed in 137 also great room!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Naomi L
Albuquerque
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I was surprised to see a Jacuzzi in my room, and used it. I was here for business, and stayed a few weeks. I've stayed in a lot of hotels for business that were luxurious, moderately priced, and downright cheap. This one is very decent for the price and scores a B+ with me. The hotel owners were very friendly, and the pool looked really nice if you have kids. Bring your own towels though, the hotel towels looked dirty and old sometimes. The refrigerator and microwave worked great, and there were plenty of TV channels and a blow dryer and coffee maker. There was also a sofa and coffee table in my room that I used quit often. The bed was a king size and was decent for the low price. I was never grossed out by bugs or other issues that other people have posted about. It was kept clean, and vacuumed every day. If you are on business or hunting it is just fine, if you are looking for a really nice hotel to impress the wife and family for a vacation, stay in a place bigger than Hondo, Texas or pay another $40 a night for the Best Western. I saw the inside of the Best Western too, and everything was new but not really impressive other than their Texas shaped waffles. This place lacked better (clean looking) towels, a nicer bedspread and linens, and free breakfast. Overall it was a good hotel though, save your money and stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a jucuzzi room, its affordable.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ABQAnnie
Houston
Reviewed 7 September 2010

This motel has gone way downhill. The rooms are absolutely disgusting. There was old food on the floor. The beds were filthy and uncomfortable. Whatever you do, dont take the linens off your bed, it appeared that somone or something had given birth on our mattress. There will silverfish in the bathroom. Stains on all the furniture. Management at the front desk was less then friendly. I would avoid this motel at all costs.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank jricks15

Travellers are raving about these Hondo hotels

Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed 15 June 2010

was favorably impressed for the price, at first. A large group of us were in town for a summer archeology camp, and were given a special rate. The room was fine, for the rate. It is an older hotel, a few dead roaches in the bathroom, water damage on baseboards, etc. However, the service went downhill over the week, due entirely to the management. The housekeepers are excellent and friendly, but, obviously, the woman manager resented us getting the special rate and kept trying to charge me more (if she saw my daughter come in at lunch with me, if I wanted to check out after 6 instead of 7 nights, etc.) I thought she was nosy, and rude, and I had to continuously stand up for my rights. I will definitely tell the Hondo Chamber of Commerce about my treatment here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
gmsuds, Owner at Hondo Executive Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2010
As the owner of Hondo Executive Inn thank for your review
we had a long meeting with the manager and reviewed video on the customers room ,we know which guest who wrote this review since january 2009 we have changed manager and had a lot work done to propery its unfortunate she felt like that about our property.
i will reply to each points of this review
1) few dead roaches in the bathroom not true they might have been crickets it is a problem in texas due to dry heat they get in anyway possible . we do have our rooms serviced by ORKIN INC who are one of the best company out their they can tell you about cricket problem.
2) water damage to baseboard ? no idea we have carpet base
3) the manager did not resented the rate . she had a concern due customer paying for one guest only and had two beds used so housekeepers alerted manager and kept a eye on to see on that and as per her review see saw up to 4 other people going in and out all week . so she asked the guest why was people going in and out and the customer replied they just getting some rest and visiting.
the truth was they was camping at a arch dig and they came in to rest and shower up and paying for one guest only
4) as per checking out early.she was told she got a weekly rate and the rate would change a little if she checked out early .after all week is 7 nights
nyc
Reviewed 2 March 2010

great hotel for the price. Came to hondo to visit some family and ended up staying at best value and could not stand the place after one night. the second day we moved to the executive inn big upgrade very comfortable rooms and clean pool with BBQ area witch we used kids had fun!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
dallas
Reviewed 11 April 2009

The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful, They recommended a couple of fine restaurants to eat at which wasn't that many in that small town. The room was a good size for my self and my clients. The pool area was perfect for a BBQ on the pit provided by the hotel, the pool its self was kept clean.
I come to town on business at least twice a year and use to stay at the white-tail lodge till my-self and some of my clients were treated wrongfully, I have already made reservations for my next trip.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank salesrepcat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hondo
Regency Inn
#1 of 1 in Castroville
Stony Ridge Ranch
Stony Ridge Ranch
#1 of 1 in Hondo

Been to Hondo Executive Inn? Share your experiences!