“I would not stay here again”
Review of Regency Inn

Regency Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hondo
“I would not stay here again”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The price is the lowest in town BUT never more true the saying, you get what you pay for. I would definately pay another $30 and drive farther to find a better place. The carpet absolutely needs replaced, worst i've seen. The refer looked like a junker...better to not have one. The flooring in the bathroom had holes in it...no excuse when tile around here is .50 cents per sq.ft. Door did not have dead bolt or secondary lock just one on the knob. Needed remodel 10 years ago!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tahoehandyman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is not a clean motel.San Antonio was booked so we drove down to Castroville - booked, next Hondo this was the only one available. We checked in, and as soon as we turned on the light we saw Roaches running around. The toilet had old toilet paper in it . It was awful... We asked for a refund immediately!! I don't think I could have even stayed with my own blankets on top of those beds. We drove all the way down to Uvalde, then back to Sa the next morning... The drive was worth loosing some sleep to get a much better place.

Room Tip: Look at the room first before you pay! If not happy ask for your money back
Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jl R

Travellers are raving about these Hondo hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I'm not sure where the guests stayed that posted such negative reviews. We stayed at this hotel twice on our way through Texas and we were very pleased. Apparently there is new management, and it shows. We were treated with great hospitality. The rooms were clean, comfortable and it was very affordable.

Marc T

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Okay me and my co worker stayed here for one night on 3/8/12 and checked out on 3/9/12. This was the worst motel I ever stayed in my life I had to sleep on top of the blanket and used my bag as a pillow I pulled back the covers when I was going to sleep and i seen Stains all over the white sheets and the pillows smelt like bad breath I will never tell anyone to stay here and i will never stay here again i dont know how yall are still open then the breakfast was a joke and then The bathroom smell so bad !!! OVERALL I WAS SICK OUT OF MY HEAD AND I HOPE YALL GET SHUT DOWN!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris M
brady
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Very nice place large clean room, clean large pool and friendly staff. We loved this place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank momoffiveBrady
KumarPatel, Manager at Regency Inn, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Thanks for taking time and writing a review about us. We really appreciate it,

Kumar Patel
Manager
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We ride motorcycles and Hondo was about as close to Leakey and the 3 twisted sisters as we could get for the price. We travel quite a bit and have stayed in big chain motels that were way worse than this one. Pros: microwave made heating up left-over pizza possible, mini-fridge came in handy, didn't use the iron/ironing board or the hair dryer but it was nice to have available, breakfast bar that looked alot like Super 8's helped our food budget for the trip, everyone in the pool seemed to be enjoying it, room was clean, cable worked. Cons: the carpet and bathroom walls and fixtures showed the age of the motel. Overall, I'd stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FatCat8214
nyc
Reviewed 2 March 2010

came to hondo to spend some time with old family saw the the new hotel but was to pricy, and so we stayed here, big mistake the room was small and old. Wouldn't recommend staying here ever again!!

Stayed one night
then moved to the hotel down the road big upgrade same price think it was the executive hotel

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jaminj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hondo
Best Western Hondo Inn
#1 of 1 in Castroville
Stony Ridge Ranch
Stony Ridge Ranch
#1 of 1 in Hondo

Been to Regency Inn? Share your experiences!