“Overall RUDE, will never go back!”

Lantana Grill & Bar
Price range: US$45 - US$55
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Texas Hill Country flavors in hearty portions. An open kitchen with a wood grill and focus on steaks, chops and fresh seafood.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

After spending 3 days at our friends lake house we decide to have brunch prior to heading home. Against my better judgement I follow our friends here. We get seated and drinks are ordered and the soda is just plain flat all 3 of them(you can tell it looks like syrup water) and when brought to the attention of the waiter he asked "are you sure?" He them offers to bring us caned soda and that's fine. Our meal comes out wrong with everything we asked not to have but we didn't have the time to send it back and wait.

So our tickets come and mine is for $16.50 and I put a $20 in and close the book and I never saw my change. He never came back. This really upset me, not the 3.50 that he pretty much stole but that he didn't ask.

My friend gets a txt from his bank that his card was ran for $8 more that what his ticket showed. So in my mind there is $12 this person just put in his pocket.

We brought this up to the supervisor on duty and she had nothing to say, she couldn't explain it at all and offered no options to even try to resolve it.

This is a very crooked way to allow your staff to operate and even more so not resolve it when it is brought to your attention. This left a very lasting impression on everyone there and we will not be subjecting ourselves to this type of treatment when we work so hard for the money we earn.

This restuarunt had lost not only our trust but our families business

There are newer reviews for Lantana Grill & Bar

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Service was excellent, food delicious and a tranquil setting overlooking beautiful landscaping. Patio dining most enjoyable.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The buffet breakfast was disorganized and lacked healthy options. Everything seemed to be "heavy" for a meal. The lunch/dinners had the exact same options so if you want essentially overpriced bar food... you got it.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is cruise level cuisine at 4 star prices. Gave two stars because they never had a wait for seating (probably because the food is so bad). Go somewhere else.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

It was lobster. It was fried. Dipped in garlic butter sauce and it was heaven. The risotto....perfect