“Not at all happy!”

Horseshoe Bay Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horseshoe Bay
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I am a local author who was in need of a quiet place to meet a book deadline. My original hotel had no availability so I decided to give Horseshoe Bay Resort a shot. When making my reservation I specifically requested a lake view room to avoid any distractions and have a peaceful view, they had no issues as they claimed they had several lake view rooms available. However, upon arrival in my room I found that I was given a basic room full of distractions, packed tennis courts, pool, etc.... They claimed to have switched my room without notifying me because they made a mistake and found no lake view was available. I found this a pretty strange "mistake" for a hotel with a state of the art reservation system to make. In the end, though the hotel was beautiful, I ended up leaving early because I could not concentrate in the room I was given which was the entire reason I decided to spend the night. It was either stare at myself in the mirror while writing or watch the entire hotel enjoy their leisure. It was also very upsetting to find that they still charged me the full price of a lake view room even though they stuck me in what must have been a standard room because there was nothing special about it. I could have gotten the same room with a view down the road at the Hampton for half the price and not have a strange 300 dollar ghost charge leaving me scratching my head. The only reason I chose to pay more was because I liked the fact that I could order room service or eat in the hotel itself to avoid leaving since I was under a time constraint. This is one place I cannot say will end up in the acknowledgement section because after viewing my bank statement I feel pretty scammed.

Room Tip: Check your room BEFORE bringing up your luggage to make sure any special requests have been made.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank jenbos77

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The stars truly lined up for our recent 4 day sales award and recognition event. However the reality is this was achieved through hard work and outstanding polished professionalism from Kathleen and Libby. Also, the charismatic smile I was greeted with each morning from Mary at the front desk was an additional ray of sunshine in my day. Thank-you to them especially, but it really was the overall TEAM work that made our event top shelf. When we had a need everyone was willing to jump in and make it happen regardless of their primary responsibilities. We were checked on for satisfaction in a proactive manner. At each event when I turned around I found Kathleen or Libby already there to make sure we were in awesome shape to conduct our business or have a fun event. The food was great and the presentation excellent.The customer experience was value-added! I think I even learned how to say "Ya all!" with a little drawl correctly-LOL
Thanks again for an outstanding experience for our TEAM!- MJ

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mark j
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Mark J,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are pleased to learn that your group enjoyed their stay and that your four day event went well. Teamwork and genuine southern hospitality are at the core of our culture so Kathleen, Libby and Mary will be delighted to read your comments. We hope to welcome you back to the Resort soon and perhaps refine your "drawl" a little bit more.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed in the Horseshoe Bay Resort at the end of January for a conference and I will definitely return! It was an amazing experience. The entire staff was gracious and friendly. They went out of their way to make the entire visit an "experience" for everyone involved. I plan to return and will refer everyone to this hotel for sure!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 483Sherry

Dear 483Sherry,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay earlier this year and that our staff took good care of you. We pride ourselves on creating the experience you describe for every guest. Thank you for the referral and we hope to welcome you back to the resort soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We have been visiting this beautiful area for over 30 years. LBJ Lake was a favorite for family boating, skiing, picnics and enjoying the natural beauty of Texas Hill Country. Starting on a positive note, the grounds are well kept. Yes, it is obvious Texas is suffering from a drought but LBJ enjoys "constant level" waters. Our understanding is that ALL of the surrounding land is privately owned. So what is the excuse for this lake to look so dirty, filled with debris so that even the wild ducks have abandoned much of it? A real shame. I could not and would not swim in these waters again.

The hotel facility was busy, tennis and golfers mostly. The lake was not busy at all and most of the boat slips were full...no fisherman or boaters for a lovely Sunday in the spring. WHY?

We stopped for lunch to find overpriced appetizers, I mean a half cup of guacamole for $8....and the margaritas were solid ice after a few sips with a price tag over $11.00.

We won't be back........a shame. How did this happen so quickly?

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Art_L0ver
Reviewed 28 March 2014

It was wonderful to stay at Horseshoe Bay during my recent stay in Texas. The hotel is a nice place to stay. On my final night I was impressed to find free of charge washer and dryers. I worked with Janelle Smith and Michelle Butler for the week on some accounting issues. I would recommend this property to friends and family.

Thank You.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Hope D

Dear Hope D,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you took advantage of the complimentary services we have to offer. We will forward your compliments along to Janelle and Michelle as our staff always enjoy going above and beyond for our guests.

We hope to welcome you back to the resort soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Drove up here to have a mini get away. We had a villa which was nice but a little dated. Got a great deal on the rate, however. To me the best part about this resort is the grounds. Nicely maintained with activities for all.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Just_A_Bubba_1960
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Just_A_Bubba_1960,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. So glad you enjoyed our beautiful grounds. It is easy to be inspired by the beauty that is the Texas Hill Country; our landscaping team does great work complimenting the natural setting.

We hope to welcome you back to the resort soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a very average hotel but priced as something much more. It was previously a Marriott but is now being run independently (a typical sign of a property going into decline). The surrounding buildings (spa, fitness center etc.) are all showing signs of real neglect with visible wood rot. There's not much to do here beyond golf and Barton Creek is a far better choice for that at similar prices. The hotel itself has limited amenities beyond a pool and one restaurant. It is not worth the $350 per night they are charging.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Best Western Marble Falls Inn
#3 of 7 in Marble Falls
Days Inn & Suites Llano
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet

Been to Horseshoe Bay Resort? Share your experiences!