“Horrible service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horseshoe Bay
Horseshoe Bay, Texas
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

It sucks when you pay over 400 bucks per night and 19 bucks for a buffet and they keep you waiting plus run out of food....parking is an extra charge not advertised and a extra resort charge that showed up on the bill

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Robert D
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Robert D:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Horseshoe Bay Resort. I would request you email me directly to further detail the nature of your stay. Parking is complimentary, but a charge is accrued only if you valet your vehicle. A resort fee is included with your stay and detailed in each and every confirmation letter we send to our guest. You can contact me directly at mjeffrey@hsbresort.com and I would be delighted to discuss your experience at our AAA four-diamond resort so we can further understand your experience during you time at Horseshoe Bay Resort on lake LBJ.

Mark Jeffrey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We conducted our company's annual strategic planning session at the resort and want to rave about the resort and the incredible personal service we received. Cesar & his team (especially Rachel) took care of us from the moment we arrived and were attentive to every detail. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate the service we received a 12.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
Dear Fran M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are delighted to hear you chose the resort for your strategic planning and that our staff met your expectations. We will be sure to pass your comments on to Cesar and Rachel, especially your generous rating of 12! Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming your group back to the resort soon.

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed in a 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo in the Waters at Horseshoe Bay. We normally rent a private home, but we wanted access to the amenities. My husband had great experiences at Apple Rock and Slick Rock. I took advantage of the spa. While the services were fabulous, the facilities are a little dated. I believe the prices are a little high considering the facility. We.arrived on Monday after the Fourth of July. My daughter and I headed to the pool on Tuesday morning. The resort was pretty quiet and we were looking forward to having slushy drinks and lunch by the pool. We were out of luck. The bar was open, but they had not restocked most items because of the Fourth and the restaurant was closed, so the only food had to be ordered through room service. We rented jet skis through the Marina and had a fabulous experience. Our condo was relatively clean and nice. A few things started popping up. The ice maker had not been turned on and it took 2 days to make ice. The Wi-fi wasn't. working, there were several burned out light bulbs, 2 tv's were not working well. The telephones stopped.working as well. While the wi-fi and phones were eventually fixed, it took 4 days. We were told we would be credited 3 days of resorts fees and an additional $50, I'm still waiting for the resort fee credit. There were other little things with the condo and while they were not critical things, it was just annoying to have to keep making phone calls. Again, we love Lake LBJ, but we will stick with the private homes.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room that has an east facing balcony. It gets too hot in afternoon and you c...
2 Thank Shaan T
Hello Shaan T,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed many of the resort's amenities including two of our Championship Robert Trent Jones, Sr. golf courses and our full-service marina on Lake LBJ. The Waters condos typically provide a relaxing and luxurious environment in which to enjoy the lake. It's apparent your experience did not model our typical standards. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you'll reconsider staying at the resort again the next time you visit Horseshoe Bay.

New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our over all stay was great. We were greeted by one of the most amazing young men Ricky. Ricky was so helpful upon our arrival and our departure. He made sure that my family and I were taken care of. Thank You Ricky! We stayed at The Tower the fourth floor. We were there for the Knights of Columbus convention. On Saturday, While at the swimming pool the waitress never did come around to take our order. I had to go to the bar and grill myself. My 8 year old ordered Chicken strips that he could not eat because they were badly burnt, sad to say so was my chicken sandwich. Then as time went by I finally got a waitress that was on top of the game named Alissa, Thumbs up Alissa! We missed out on the flamingos and the parrot he was never in his cage. By the way we do plan to go back! We were there from July 11-13 2014.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear juanita8717,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and that Ricky and Alissa took good care of you. We will be sure to pass on your comments to them! Our focus on providing top notch service to our guests is extremely important to us so we apologize for the lack of service you received at the pool bar - that is certainly not the norm. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon.

Warmest Regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

For the fourth year in a row my family visited this resort on the same weekend. Improved since the separation from Marriott

Pros:
1. Personnel: greeted us with a smile, helpful in every way, from the front door to the check in, to the restaurant and bars,
2. Grounds: beautiful grounds. Take the time to stroll and visit the waterfall, the fountains and ponds. The birds are an added attraction.
3. Activities: pools, smores, checkers, running around, little lake beach, the marina. A multitude of activities await you and family.
4. Restaurant: breakfast and dinner buffet are excellent options for abundance and variety. Very affordable. Great personnel!!
5. Marina: rents boats, jet skis,equipment. Make telephone reservation ahead of your arrival.

Cons:
Nothing.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Away from elevators. Lake view. De luxe and above.
1 Thank MOKHouston
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear MOKHouston,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to enjoy many of the amenities we have to offer, including the marina activities on full-level Lake LBJ and our luscious grounds with unique wildlife. Our associates are always looking for ways to provide top-notch service to our guests so we are happy to hear your experience met your expectations.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort next summer...or sooner.

Warmest Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Not only was our room amazing but the staff is wonderful. I got a flat tire while we were there and the staff fixed it for me without delay. I tried tipping them and they wouldn't accept it. I thought the flat would ruin my day but the staff came to my rescue!!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Callie B
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Callie B,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room and that we were able to fix your flat tire during your stay. Our associates are always going above and beyond for our guests - one of the many reasons that make Horseshoe Bay Resort so unique. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I drove from Houston to Horseshoe bay.
Got to our room, the fridge and safe were both broken. We wanted to go to the pool, but had to wait for maintenance. They couldn't fix either one, so they sent someone up to replace them.
The next morning my husband realized the toilet was broken, and had to use the one at the lobby. Again, waiting for maintenance to come fix it. They sort of did. Though still kind of finicky.
Later that day, as I went to step in the bath, to my horror, I saw a huge ROACH staring back at me. My husband killed it, But that was the last straw.
We went down to complain, and were given a different room. Packed up our stuff and moved rooms.
3 strikes.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
5 Thank engelben
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your four-star review. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We were able to promptly replace the fridge and the safe to better serve future guests. We hope you enjoyed the fireworks display over Lake LBJ, the outdoor concert on the waterfront and the other activites that make the fourth of July weekend at Horseshoe Bay Resort one of the most popular weekends of the season. In order to better understand the specifics of your stay with us I invite you to email me directly at mjeffrey@hsbresort.com. We look forward to earning your business again in the future.

Horseshoe Bay Resort
BEST WESTERN Post Oak Inn
BEST WESTERN Johnson City Inn
BEST WESTERN Johnson City Inn
#1 of 1 in Johnson City

Been to Horseshoe Bay Resort? Share your experiences!