Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land
US$259
US$231
US$152
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$163
US$140
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsolive gardenfront deskbreakfast buffetindoor poolexecutive levelliving roombusiness centerking suitehome away from homewould definitely stay here againcoffee makerbusiness travelerenjoyed my staysaltgrassfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Allow me to say up front that this not your usual review...

Following a one-day trip from Albuquerque to Houston, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Suites the night of Oct 5. First, allow me to say that my original reservations were for a two-night stay for Sun and Monday nights. Due to a sudden change in plans, I had to change the reservations from Sun to Saturday. This was accomplished simply and quickly via a short phone call to the person on duty at the front desk.

When I arrived Saturday night (late), I needed to abruptly change plans again from a two-day stay to just one. As I had already payed for a two-day stay, I was prepared to meet the usual bureaucratic resistance and lose the balance of my pre-paid stay. To my complete, and well-travelled surprise, Jackie, greeted me warmly and professionally, patiently listened to my story and excused herself to get the on-duty night manager, Sheldon. This is the most impressive thing about the whole affair, when Sheldon arrived, I didn't have to explain the whole story again!!! Jackie had actually LISTENED to my story and thoroughly informed Sheldon PRIOR to his arrival to speak to me! Wow! When was the last time that happened to you! Sheldon briefly checked to verify how (credit or debit card) I had pre-paid for the stay, told me I would receive the balance of my payment back in a couple of days and thanked me for choosing Crowne Plaza Suites. Additionally, he gave me his card and asked that I speak with Matthew, the day manager, to make sure that I would experience no problem when I checked out. The next morning when I checked out, I spoke to Matthew, and there was no problem with my account. Sheldon had actually left a message to inform Matthew of my situation. Matthew thanked me for staying at the Crowne Plaza Suites and hoped to receive my business again in the future.

Now, for the hotel. The portico was large and could easily accommodate several large cars and vans. The lobby was small, but well organized. Off to the left from the lobby was a large central atrium, in which was located a small bar and further away, the hotel restaurant. Jackie, provided me my key, explained the wifi code, and told me to enjoy my stay.

The room, appeared vaguely familiar in its layout. Upon entering the spacious room was the suite area, then walking past the bathroom, the bedroom. Everything was clean and nicely appointed.

Had dinner at the hotel restaurant, which featured a moderately large menu for various tastes and/or culinary requirements. The wait-staff was highly professional and courteous. Nyjil (pronounced Nigel), was absolutely superb! I happened to mention my vague familiarity with the layout of the hotel, and Nyjil began to detail the history of the Crowne Plaza conversion from an Embassy Suites hotel. I remarked about how professional everyone had been so far, and Nyjil briefly described the training program through which all employees went. The meal was delicious and filling (large portions). Must be Texas!

I returned to the restaurant for breakfast, and was met with the same high level of professionalism and courteous service from the Maitre'd, Henry, who was also my server.

As mentioned previously, the checkout went smoothly, and I was on my way back to Albuquerque. If you're ever in Houston, I HIGHLY recommend the Crowne Plaza Suites, if for nothing other than the professional service and courteous atmosphere. And if you'd like to experience the thoroughly enjoyable experience of Nyjil, you had better hurry. Nyjil is destined to move into some aspect of hotel management...guaranteed!

The Crowne Plaza Suites was comfortable and, overall, excellent. But it's shining and most noteworthy attribute was the level of service and professionalism I experienced. Aesthetics is nice and maybe the only thing for which some travelers are looking. However, if 5-star aesthetics is not the only thing for which you look in a hotel, then maybe you should give the Crowne Plaza Suites in Houston a try and experience true 5-star service and professionalism in EVERY aspect of your stay. Business travelers, this is the place for you!

By the way, I received my refund of balance in two days, just as Sheldon had promised.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Al P
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Al P,

Wow! Thank you for your superb comments of our hotel. Our front desk staff will certainly be dancing as this will be music to their ears. Jackie, Sheldon, and Matthew are overachievers and have exemplified our #1 goal of exceeding the guest's expectations. We hope to see you on your next visit soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel is very well maintained. The rooms are spacious. There is a nice heated pool. The hot tub/sauna is very nice. There is a great workout room. It is kept very clean. The staff are very helpful. I would definitely stay here again. The food at the restaurant inside the hotel is very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie D

Dear Katie D,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We will share your comments to our entire hotel team. We hope to become your hotel of choice for any future travel needs. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business, female, traveling alone in unfamiliar territory. I arrived at the hotel about 8:30 pm and there was no line for check-in. Before going in I had driven around the parking lot a couple of times and only had found parking in the back, or sides almost in back that was not lit very well. So, back to check-in, it was quick and easy and I was placed in a tower room. However, I felt like I was being rushed away even tho I had questions, specifically on the parking situation. All I got was a "it is what it is" response and he clearly wasn't interested in my concerns. So back out I went, circled some more and settled on a spot that was as close as I could get in the dark parking lot. I headed to my room and was pleasantly surprised, the room was quite large, with oversized furniture and the bed and all those looked comfy. I then headed off to check the hotel restaurant menu but then decided on eating at the bar (same menus by the way). My dinner was really good (steak, mashed, veggies and salad) but the Martini's weren't that great. Ordered a Cosmo after suggestion of the bartender and got a wine type glass of OJ and cran and vodka? After the long day I had, I just drank it and then ordered an apple martini, same wine glass and slightly better, but not great. After returning to my room, I needed to get ready for bed and used the bathroom. After walking in, I walked back out to see if it was a joke. The bathroom looks nothing like the rest of the room, the ceiling is super low with crummy ceiling tiles, it's about the size of a pantry closet and the only thing that is modern is the granite countertop and light fixtures. Talk about falling short when renovating! The stay, overall was fine, bed was comfy and that's what I needed!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Barella3602,

We certainly thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We value each and every guest comment of our hotel. We will share your comments with our front desk team and bartenders. We know you have several options when traveling and hope you choose our hotel for any future travel needs.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed two nights on business travel. My corporate rate includes breakfast.

Rooms were clean, modern and comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly at check-in and out. I was given a goody bag of snacks and water at check-in. I've stayed at other nice suite hotels, and this one was right on track, especially for the price.

What stood out to me was breakfast. The had the usual, and more. As expected, there was fruit, bread, bagels, yogurt, etc. The choice of hot items was unusually good: bacon, sausage, turkey sausage, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, potatoes, eggs. Each day there was also something more than the usual: pancakes; eggs with peppers onion and cheese; tamales; stir fry (yes, at breakfast!); chimichanga. Not enough!? You can also order waffles or omlettes with your choice of filling. A nice start before a long work day!

The hotel is near a noisy highway, and I could hear the traffic all night, even with curtains drawn. When the A/C kicked on, it was also pretty noisy.

Room Tip: The hotel is near a noisy highway, and I could hear the traffic all night, even with curtains drawn. Ask for a room as far as practical from the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sondra G,

We thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel. The Omeletes are indeed a big hit with all our guests. We will share your comments with our entire staff. We hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I can not say enough good things about this hotel. Very modern and clean. Price was excellent. Loved the balcony. Bed was very comfortable. They even had big bottles of Pellegrino water available in the room. Will definetly be back when I return to Houston.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Nina V,

Our staff will certainly be proud of your kind comments about our hotel. Our goal is to exceed every guest expecations. We pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.