Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land
Ranked #115 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Vaslui, Romania
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

First of all I would like to say that I am extremely pleased with Crown Plaza Hotel! Right from the start when me and my friends arrived I noticed that the hotel is between two restaurants, both in walking distance. Also the hotel has it's own restaurant if you are too lazy to walk :)) and the food is very good. The rooms are cleaned everyday. The housekeepers take good care of that. If you have any question or any misunderstanding about anything the staff will gladly provide you the best info you need. I couldn't ask for more when looking for a great place to stay. I gladly recommend everyone else to stay here!

Room Tip: Rooms that don't face the highway are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alupan
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for staying and sharing your kind comments of your most recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Suites Houston near Sugarland. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We know you have several choices when traveling and thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Guest Relations Manager
Kareem S.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Silt, Colorado
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stay in the Houston area from time to time for business and usually on an extended stay basis (2-3 weeks). Though I have stayed at other brands this has become my favorite and only hotel to stay at in this area. Clean rooms, terrific staff through out the hotel, shuttle service, great food, and all around a great place to relax after a long day. The general manager and his staff have definately created a welcoming atmosphere and comfortable place to unwind at the end of the day. I will definately be staying here with my wife on pleasure purposes in the future. The resurant has great food at a reasonable price and the bar is friendly and welcoming. This hotel has a gift shop that also does take out pizza and other quick snacks if your on the go. The rooms are large and include a seperate living room area with a fridge, sink/bar type area should you require room to entertain or have guests during your stay with out using your bedroom area. PS great resturants on each side as well!! My thanks to all the staff that make this one of the great hotels to stay at!

Room Tip: If available get a higher floor for the views of the area from the balcony.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris S
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments of your most recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Suites Houston near Sugarland. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff will greatly appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next visit.

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 January 2014

it's like a home for me. good service and also facilities. i enjoy my stay at here so much.
the room is quite clean as there is someone clean the room for us everyday. Thanks and appreciate for that excellent service. i have a small living room here with TV. a nice office table for me to work and something. a nice little corner of kitchen, to make coffee and also microwave to heat my foods, a fridge too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank juyeelim
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about your most recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Suites Houston near Sugarland. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our two room suite. We hope to become your hotel of choice for any future travel needs. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit.

Lake Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My family of four have stayed at this location several times while visiting family nearby. The hotel is always clean and smells wonderful! We are always welcome with hellos, and smiles which makes a world of a difference when you've been in the car with a grumpy 8 year old for five hours! The check in process is easy and quick, and Im always handed a small token of appreciation and the rewards program is awesome! The room was fabulous. The beds are great, water pressure is wonderful. Fridge, sink, plenty of glasses! The breakfast was by far my favorite part. The food is wonderful, and the service is even BETTER! We always went for a trip to the pool and the hot tub. clean and relaxing. You couldn't ask for more when looking for a great hotel! I recommend you stay here!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mary t
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for such great comments of your most recent stay with us. Our hotel team strive to exceed each and every guest expectations. We will be glad to share your comments with the entire staff. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Timpson, Texas
Reviewed 19 January 2014

If you've ever had a bad experience at a hotel, you learn to appreciate the good ones and commend the great ones. We arrived at the hotel without any trouble, as the hotel is just off a major roadway. It is directly in between two major restaurants, Saltgrass Steakhouse and the Olive Garden. Both are in walking distance.
Luckily, we were too exhausted to walk to either. We opted to eat at the restaurant inside the hotel. I say luckily because the food was easily as good as what is served at the two previously mentioned chains, but much more fairly priced. The bar does a mean long island ice tea, too. All of this was carried up to our room while we unpacked our essentials.
On the mention of unpacking our essentials, I should mention that there is a personal safe, ample closet space, and a refrigerator that was truly clean.
Clean. Now if I had to describe this hotel in only one word, thats it. I'm a bit of a fanatic. I cover the toilet seat with toilet paper before using the restroom in my small private office, family gatherings, get togethers... and down right refuse to use a public toilet at a gas station or walmart. The sheets smelled fresh and crisp with bleach, the refrigerator was spotless, and the granite countertops didn't have so much as a water spot. To be fair, I wasn't thrilled with the coffee maker... but that goes back to that fanatic thing. Overall, a solid 9.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel and will be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lauren J
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly hope to become your hotel of choice in the future. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

muskegon
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We reserved a king suite a couple weeks before our stay and registered our small pet. We thought the $40 pet fee was steep (and pretty sure they wouldn't do anymore cleaning than in a room where a child may have become sick or an inebriated adult trashed the place), however
we really wanted a suite. When we arrived, we were put in a handicapped room which was NOT a suite as reserved, nor did it meet our needs. There was no sink in the bathroom, the sink was next to the TV in the sleeping area, and there was no counter top to put toiletries! Since we didn't have a suite we couldn't close a door to make it even quieter for our dog. When my husband requested a different room, he was told "that was where they put pets." After the first of a 4 night stay, I spoke with the front desk and told them the room wasn't working for us. She promptly moved us to a king suite as we had originally reserved. It was beautiful with all the amenities one could need, quiet except for little kids running up and down the halls. The safety deposit box in the room was very useful and the hotel had a very reasonably priced coin laundry. This was one of the few places that had a 12 noon checkout, which was perfect as we were on vacation. Very nice heated pool and hot tub. We didn't particularly like the hotel location, nor was there a good place to walk our dog.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank candlewick44
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know the problems you encountered on your most recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Suites Houston. We are not happy to hear that you did not receive great service as we are accustomed to giving to each and every guest.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience we caused you during your stay with us. We are certainly a pet friendly all suites hotel. Our pet fee is based on market pricing within the CIty of Houston. We will bring to the attention of our security officers your mention of kids running in the halls. This is dangerous for the kids, other guests, as well as being an inconvenience.

We have taken the steps to eliminate these issues from happening again. We are confident you will enjoy your next stay with us. We know you have many choices but hope we will have a chance to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed for a week while working in Houston. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice though show wear. Cigarette burn holes in drapes and worn carpet in closet. It is a non smoking room but has a tiny balcony so I guess people cheat. Bed is firm. The air/heat system is a bit noisy, turning on and off. Also this hotel faces a busy freeway which can be heard. Rooms are clean, amenities nice. Reasonably priced.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Janet D
We thank you for your feedback of our hotel. Your comments are certainly valued at our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you were caused you during your most recent stay with us. I am appalled to hear about the cigarette burn holes in the drapes. I have brought your comments directly to our housekeeping staff to correct immediately. I assure you we have addressed this issue and I am confident this will never happen again. We know you have many travel choices but hope you will consider a return visit to our hotel in the near future. We look forward to serving you.