“Second time around!”

Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land
Ranked #114 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was my second stay at the hotel due to issues around my house. The reception area was very clean and the agents took care of you as if you were at home. The food was very well prepared and the rooms were always exceptionally clean. I've always enjoyed my stays when I've had to stay. Looking for a mini vacation away from home and this will definitely be where I stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you so much for your sweet words, I am pleased to see that you've enjoyed your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Suits Houston near Sugarland. Im glad we were able to make you feel at home, I would love to pass on this great message to my entire team. Thank you once again, we look forward to serving you in the near future.

sincerely,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

If your searching for a hotel that offers a home away from home. Then you must stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel - Sugarland! When you enter the door, there's a and grand beautiful view. Not to mention, the customer service at the front desk. The staff was so professional and knowledgeable of the area & all the right places to visit. I was suprised to find that actually we were speaking to the hotel manager and he was extremely delightful. And you must try to food... delicious!!! We stayed on the top floor and the view was lovely! We will be re-visiting Houston in April and we will definitely be returning to Crowne Plaza - Sugarland!!!!

Room Tip: Stay on the very top floor... The view is wonderful and extremely quiet!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JGRicks
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for your great comments of your recent stay at the Crown Plaza suites Houston near Sugar land. I will definitely let my entire team know what a great job they did. We look forward to seeing you in April, I would definitely recommend you to take advantage of our indoor heated pool and jacuzzi. We hope to become your number 1 choice of hotels in Houston. Thank you once again, our whole team looks forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Crowne Plaza. The staff is very helpful and welcoming. There was a mix up with my reservation because Expedia did not do their part ( a first for me) but the staff at the Crown did not hesitate to go above and beyond to make sure my son and I were treated like a prince and Queen even though the fault was not their own. The room was very clean. The restaurant had excellent food and service as well. Everyone was extremely friendly and treated us with care and as if they were happy we were there.
Matthew, the manager took care of everything. We were greeted by Aditi Ilora at the front desk. She is an amazing customer service expert. We will most definitely stay again.

2  Thank latisha s

Dear Latisha,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad to see that you've enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Suites Houston near Sugar land. I will be more then happy to let my entire team know what a great job they all have done. Next time you're here I would love for you try our delicious full hot breakfast buffet, it was a pleasure serving you. Thank you once again, I look forward to seeing in the near future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Great hotel !! We enjoyed the indoor pool, and the separate room for the kids. The best layout of a room with everything you might need. Cons: you can hear the highway traffic.
Great comfortable beds, we will defiantly return. Thanks for the great stay!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Vidal-Valerie
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments of your most recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Suites Houston near Sugarland. We are vey pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We spent one Friday night at the Crowne Plaza. The hotel was nice enough, if a little old. Our room opened up toward the freeway, though, and despite the noise dampening attachments on the window, the freeway noise was considerable and lasted throughout the night. We turned the fan all night long, which allowed us to sleep fine.

We had a couple of problems with the hotel. The first problem was that the front desk staff told us breakfast started at 6am the next morning, which was good for us because we needed to leave by 7:15am. When we went down for breakfast at 6:45, we were told that breakfast would not start until 7am. We went back upstairs to finish packing and do everything but check out of the hotel. When we went back downstairs, we were behind about 20 people waiting to go into the restaurant. We heard from several of them that they had also been told breakfast started earlier. So, we had to wait behind all of these people to gulp down a breakfast in 5 minutes.

The other problem we had was that they tried to charge us for breakfast. I booked the room through AAA, and the AAA website clearly stated that breakfast was included at no charge. When I checked in Friday night, I asked if I needed anything for breakfast, and the front desk clerk said that everything was fine. The next morning, the hotel staff claimed that the AAA website was wrong. The restaurant greeter, who was both friendly and apologetic for what was now a 2nd issue for us, took our check to the front desk and took care of comp'ing our breakfasts for us. So, she did a great job helping us out as best as she could. But, the front desk staff continued to act like we were wrong.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

We thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We apoloogize for the confusion and inconvenience you were caused with the hot buffet breakfast during your stay. We can assure you this is the exception rather than the rule. We have taken this opportunity to share your comments with our front desk team to better serve our valued guests. We are confident this issue has been resolved. We hope to serve you in the near future given the chance.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We chose this hotel 1) because of the Trip Advisor reviews, and 2) because it is close to where we needed to be. We were not disappointed. The hotel is nicely done, very clean. It is also next door to a Olive Garden restaurant, which makes it easy to eat if you don't want to eat in the hotel restaurant. The hotel has a free breakfast which is substantial. The hotel is atrium-arranged, which is also nice...gives a nice ambiance to the lobby area. The room was clean and attractive. I must say that the hotel tried to muffle the noise from the SW Freeway, and did a pretty good job of it by installing "storm doors" on the balcony doorway, but you could still occasionally hear the noise, but not enough to keep you awake. Overall, I liked this hotel enough to return!

Room Tip: i would suggest asking for a room on the opposite side of the SW Freeway based on my experience, but...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Osote
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments of your most recent stay with us. We value each and every guest comment. We are very pleaased to hear you were satisfiec with you stay. We will hare your kind words with our hotel team. We hope to see you again on a future visit.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The staff at this crown plaza was great from the time I check in to the time that I checked out. everyone was super nice and willing to help with anything I needed. the room was very quiet on the inside and there was security there even if you didn't think so. I had a nice stay there this is where I'm staying on my next trip to Houston Tx.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony G

We are glad you to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Suites Houston near Sugarland. Thank you for adding your comments of your most recent stay. . We will see you soon on your next visit.