“Nice place to stay”

Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land
Ranked #130 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is a crown plaza that can always set an example on customer services in houston. They have everything that you will need for a great stay. I like the front desk agents and how personal they are with there guest. This is a good place to stay whenever you are around that area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Evangelist S
HIG110, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for sharing comments of your most recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will share your comments with our amazing staff. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very nice welcome from the front desk, easy check-in, and pleased to be given a room on the 7th floor, which is designated as a quiet floor for the hotel. Very nice lobby and public spaces, and a nice room. Comfortable furnishings and bed, and easy to control thermostat. Moderate noise from freeway in bedroom. Dined off the Asian menu, and it was good, and reasonably priced. Good business center, and wireless was adequate in room. Area around hotel is not great, but security seemed adequate. So... what's the "but"? At around 5:30 p.m., I was taping a presentation, and was interrupted by dogs barking loudly in the room next door. This is a "pet-friendly" hotel, and the website states that animals are limited to first floor rooms, and I certainly did not expect them on the "quiet" Executive Level floor. I called the front desk, and they were apologetic, and said it would be handled immediately. I left the hotel for a dinner appointment, and was surprised/disappointed when I returned a couple of hours later and (again, while trying to tape part of a presentation) was interrupted by the dogs again. Fortunately, they stopped, but clearly the situation had not been handled by the front desk. Either the pet policy is not being followed, or it is not being enforced. The only other issue during my stay was an overhead vent outside the bathroom which dripped periodically (I assume from either the heavy thunderstorms, or AC condensation). Nice hotel, and good value, but disappointing handling of the dog/noice issue.

Room Tip: Request rooms away from freeway. It is noticable in sleeping area of rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your candid comments regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We certainly apologize for the inconvenience you were caused due to dog barking in the quiet zone of the hotel. We do not allow pets on this floor and have retrained our associates to prevent this from happening again. We hope to become your hotel of choice and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were in Houston for a wedding and this hotel was suggested and we were very pleased. We were surprised by the size of the room and the look. It was our very first time staying with this chain.The staff and service was excellent. We would definitely stay again. We enjoyed the shopping area, that was walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and any floor would be fine. It's a great hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JAGGLADY
HIG110, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I haven't been here in awhile. I have to say, things are looking beautiful! Some new paint, and the lobby smells wonderful!
The Staff is so amazing! I always feel right at home here! The front desk has made some changes since my last visit, and just like the previous managers, the new managers are absolutely wonderful! Kareem trains them well! Kudos to you Kareem!
The bed was comfortable, as usual. The room immaculate! The food delicious! The lounge very calming! This trip I was greeted by a LOBBY MANAGER! He gave me a drink ticket so that I could relax after my long drive...all I can say to this is WOW! Just when you think this place has Customer Service Mastered, they shock you with even MORE wonderful Customer Service! Thank you John Paul for the awesome lobby greeting!
I know I have reviewed this Crowne Plaza in the past, I am compelled to write a new review with each visit, as this is by far the very best hotel I have ever visited, and my visits just keep getting better!
Thank you once again, Crowne Plaza! Michael, Kareem, John Paul, Jackie, Rebecca, and the rest of your staff, for providing a safe, comfortable, home sweet home environment to your customers, I for one GREATLY appreciate it! I am checking out today and am looking forward to my survey! I LOVE MY CROWNE PLAZA!

Room Tip: Any room on the 8th floor, which is the designated quiet zone!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth H

WOW!! Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. We certainly will share your comments with our entire staff! We love to hear our guests enjoying and sharing their experiences with us. We hope to see you soon on your next visit. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were back in town visiting family on the 4th of July and chose to stay here again after our wonderful experience during our last trip - and it didn't disappoint! Rooms were as clean and as comfortable as I remembered, and check-in was a breeze. The front desk associate - I think her name was Kyuri?? - was so helpful and friendly and made sure we had everything we needed.

The made-to-order complimentary breakfast along with the excellent buffet was also as good as I remembered it, and with it being a holiday weekend, I was impressed that the staff were able to accommodate everyone so quickly and efficiently.

We will definitely stay here again on our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melanie S

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We will be sure to share your comments of Kyuri with the entire hotel. Kyuri does a great job for us!
We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Crowne Plaza Suites Houston near Sugar land.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a very old and run down property. It was over priced. Good check in service but from there everything else was poor. As we entered in the side of the hotel the doors were open to the hotel laundry service on one side and the nasty kitchen where someone was washing dishes. we turned the corner to the kitchen. They really should just shut the doors to places like this.

Also the hotel itself was very hotel as soon as we walked in, we could never get our room cooled down. You will lose wight in the "fitness center" because you will sweet it off as soon as you walk in. Also the pool area is another old worn down area. No ceiling tile...

Also the location mentions it is "near" Sugarland" Don't be fooled. It is in a horrible neighborhood. I was worried our car would be broken into. But the front desk assured me that the security guards have a strong presences in the parking area and they have security cameras watching the parking lot. This says it all. Danger lurks around the corner.

Again I was very disappointed in this property and would not recommend it to anyone there are some many much better hotels in SugarLand,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HIG110, Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hello Mr. Johnathan L
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about the problems you faced during your stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Suites. I was appalled to hear that you did not receive the quality of service our thousands of loyal guests have come to expect from us. Your perception of our hotel is certainly not the impression we wanted to leave you with. It appears that you entered the hotel from our employee entrance instead of the well appointed front entrance. I have no way to verify your stay and I have also sent you a private message requesting your response, however I have not heard anything back so I can get more information regarding the isolated incident about the non functioning AC in your room. I can further assure you that we take Guest safety and security diligently and are always proactive in our approach and the use of security cameras are just another means to ensure your safety, in a large metroplex which has over 4.5 million residents. You will find these cameras in almost ALL hotels in the Houston & surrounding vicinity in general.
I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we caused you and like to assure you that what you experienced was certainly an exception rather than the rule. I have taken necessary steps to circumvent this from happening again. If you can please contact me directly on the email provided in your message, I promise to make amends to the best of my ability. I sure hope I will hear back from you. In the meantime I wish you happy & Safe travels

Regards

Michael
GM

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located and right off the frwy. We stayed the night and attended a party in the ballroom. Although, this is an older hotel, the service was great and the hotel is very clean. The food was also good. I highly recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014
HIG110, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We will absolutely share your comments with our entire staff. We hope to see you again on your next visit.