“Excellent steakhouse”

Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: La Branch
Sutton, United Kingdom
“Excellent steakhouse”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I would highly recommend this premier steakhouse. Located dwontown, close to the business district, exhibition centre and Minute Maid Park, the array of steaks is almost overwhelming.
The service is superb and the quality of the food is top notch.
I went for a rib-eye which was huge - almost too big. Even the side order of mushrooms, also exceptionally tasty, were for sharing as it would be too much for one person. My steak was succulent and cooked just as I had ordered it.
I had another a few days later at another restaurant which allowed me to compare and the difference was this one was more flavoursome on the outside but not as lean as the other. I would be happy with both though so it's an observation and personal taste not a criticism.
The one thing I would have a gripe about would be the price of the wine list but then I would rather pay more for the great choice than less for a poor selection.
My verdict? If you're in Houston and fancy steak then definitely book a table here and you won't go wrong.

• Visited June 2014

St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Food great as ever. Door staff are awful”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

While the food gets high marks and the wait staff are good you can't help feeling this is a venue that has it all too easy. That is reflected by the rudeness of the reception staff. We were told there were no tables and had to eat along a bar in front of the kitchen and that was at 5pm, before the rush. Meanwhile by the time we left the restaurant was only half full. When I pointed this out to the door staff they waived a business card in front of me stating that next time I should make a reservation. Funny how untrained and rude staff can get when they have a captive market. The US and Houston is known for its tact and welcoming nature, especially in the service sector. Well here it fell down badly. Manager take note. Your door girls have ensured I will not return which is a shame because I love the food. I don't know if they are new but at least two of them were very rude.

• Visited June 2014
Indianapolis
“Absolutely wonderful!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We enjoyed one of the best meals we've ever had here. The service is outstanding, and the food is incredible. We shared a lovely salad, and had steak and red snapper, with a side of au gratin potatoes. Everything was perfection. I literally scraped the potatoes - couldn't stand to leave a drop! Desserts were wonderful too. Highly recommend it!

• Visited May 2014
Ft Worth
“Birthday Cellebration”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We went to Vic & Anthonys to celebrate my wife's birthday. We definitely were not disappointed. The steaks, petite filet special with shrimp, cream of spinach appetizer, red wine and some of the best bread pudding you will ever taste.

Houston
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Absolutely gorgeous restaurant with great service. My husband and I celebrated our 15th Anniversary at Vic & Anthony's and this was our first time there. We were so impressed with the service. We went with the impression that we would be greeted coldly since it is such a high class restaurant, but boy were we wrong! The young ladies at check in were absolutely attentive. We arrived a bit early for our reservation so were directed to the bar area to wait. The bar has a great trio that plays live music and the drinks are delicious not to mention a very romantic feel. I had originally ordered a "Manhattan" but didn't really enjoy it much since it was a lot stronger then I had anticipated, so we asked out waitress if there was anyway to change my drink and she said it would not be a problem and recommended a "fresh" which is really sweet, but really good if you're into that sort of drink...and yes, it was refreshing.

Once we were seated at our table, we were greeted by Maximilian (best waiter EVER!!) He was great at giving suggestions and always prompt and helpful.

The meal was one of the best we have ever had. I had the Prime Ribeye and my husband had the Filet with Bacon Butter. My Prime Ribeye was to die for, just the perfet amount of marble and cooked to perfection!!! For dessert I had the chocolate layered cake and my husband had the cheesecake. I wish I would have ordered the cheescake, it melted in your mouth and was rich, but not overly sweet. That's not to say the chocolate cake wasn't good, it was delicious, but the cheese cake is the best!

If you are thinking on going to Vic & Anthony's....do not hesitate! It will not disappoint!

• Visited May 2014