“A fantastic experience”

Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 8,277 Restaurants in Houston
Cross street: La Branch
Austin, Texas
“A fantastic experience”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I ate here while staying in downtown Houston. We were fortunate that our hotel's concierge was able to secure us a reservation because when we called on our own, we were told there was no availability. However, we did get to experience this restaurant and I'm so glad we did.

We had a fantastic server, Brett. He was warm, personable, knowledgeable about the menu, and funny. He honestly was one of the best servers we've ever had and for saying we go out to dinner quite a bit - that's saying something. We ordered a great wine, based on his recommendation and it was definitely not the most expensive bottle. The bread was delicious and it was refilled as many times as we wanted.

But the filet was sublime. I eat a lot of filet and it was one of the best I've had. The hubby greatly enjoyed his special. Brett even provided me some of the chimmichuri that came with hubby's meal when I mentioned how much I love it. We splurged and got a creme brulee for dessert which was also wonderful while I enjoyed a glass of Sauternes, which not often offered on dessert menus.

The location of the restaurant is very easily accessible, just across from Minute Maid Park and if you are staying at the Westin, it's just across the parking lot. We would definitely make reservations early for this place if we return to Houston. It really was a fantastic experience all around.

• Visited May 2014

Portals Nous, Spain
“Vic & Anthony's”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Nice decor in a semi formal restaurant setting.
Good and attentive service with an extensive menu and wine list.
However, this is NOT a Michelin star restaurant and they could do with a little more finesse in how the food/steaks are presented on the plate. No choice of sauces or mustards and vegetables are very plain. Wild mushrooms were NOT wild mushrooms, and drenched in a not-so-tasty sauce of some sort.

• Visited July 2014
“Can't complain about the food, but....”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying the food was excellent! The ribeye and au grotin potatoes were delicious. We were greeted promptly upon entering the restaurant and seated immediately even though 45 minutes early. The problems started when we got to our table. Ten minutes after were were seated, we felt drops on our heads and arms. We reported this to the waiter and he kindly asked us to get up so he could "fix" the problem. It appeared to be A/C leak and it never did get fixed as we felt more drops a little later. A few minutes later I happened to be looking off in the distance and, much to my disgust, I saw a roach crawling up the wall. Not sure when the place was last exterminated but that would be a clue to have it done. As if that weren't enough, I had a glass of wine spilled on me by our waiter. Now I realize this can happen and he surely didn't do it on purpose. It just didn't help make it a good restaurant experience. All in all, I'm not sure if I'd go back. The food was great but pricey.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Cprime17
new jersey
“wonderful”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I will say that this place was packed on a monday night. Felt like I was back in the Big Apple with a crowd like that.

Ordered the crab cake and it was the best I have ever had. I wish they could mail order it home.

I also had the skirt steak. another powerhouse entree.

Hope you enjoy it as much as i did

1 Thank lobels
Bryan, Texas
“Excellent Steakhouse across the street from Minute Maid Park”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Eaten there many times. Steaks are always excellent. Service always very good to outstanding. Atmosphere is very warm like a classic steakhouse. Location very close to Minute Maid park and close to Toyota Center gives an added plus if attending those venues.