“The staff is always smiling and friendly.”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249
Ranked #260 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for about 4 months because of work. The staff is always friendly at check in and the rooms always clean. Diana at the front desk is always helpful with keeping up with my reservations.

• Stayed: February 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm thrilled that Diana and the staff were always helpful and keeps up with your reservations. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice this place is. I was expecting a low rent dump, but it was a very pleasant stay. Clean, relatively quiet, and the staff was very attentive and friendly. I saw one review that said there was no security, and I'm sure incidents happen in the parking lots of all hotels, but during my 11 day stay here, I saw security out in the parking lot frequently, plus it is reasonably well lit. All of the rooms open to the INSIDE, which helps with the security of your room. The reception area/office is staffed from 7 am until 11 pm seven days a week, which is much better than some other extended stay places I looked at. The rates are very competitive, especially if you are staying more than a week. If you are only spending one or two nights, then there are many more traditional hotels around that would compete with their price. They provide coffee from 7 until 9:30 each morning, the cleaning staff does a good job... I was impressed and will stay there again when I need an extended stay in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that the staff was attentive to your needs and friendly. I am also glad that you enjoyed our Grab N Go breakfast and that the rooms were clean and quiet!! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed here for a job interview and needed some items printed off before hand. They did not have a business center which I thought they should have, but the staff was very helpful and printed all my documents for me free of charge. The room was clean and quiet and I had a nice stay.

Room Tip: If you are looking to stay with kids i wouldn't recommend it as there is no pool or many kid ori...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was able to print your documents at the front desk and that the rooms were clean and quiet. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

It was not a good experience for me. The first room had visible mold embedded in the curtains & sheet rock damage above the molded curtains. after complaining to the front desk, I was moved to a second room where I discovered short black curled hairs in the freezer! It was absolutely discussing. It was All Star weekend, so the hotel was full. I went to the store to purchase cleaning supplies, so that I could stay there since no other rooms were available. Also, the refrigerator was warm & the frost free freezer was frozen w ice? I finally figured that if I open the freezer door 1/2 way it would cool/freeze my groceries. Daisy, the front desk clerk was great & she really tried to accommodate me, but bring cleaning supplies!

Room Tip: Room 222 has molded curtains & room 122 is where I discovered "hair" in the freezer!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not as enjoyable as we like it to be nor that it was pleasing to you. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your honest review. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jlosoya@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Not real bad hotel.. Service is great the ladies have been a huge help in getting me things I need. Rooms overall quality not bad just a little out dated. Laundry room in hotel but no pool or fitness center. Great location to mall and other shops.

Room Tip: Its all a little out dated
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We take pride in our work and go the extra mile to make sure every single guest enjoys their stay. We understand that the product may seem outdated but we just recently underwent through a small upgrade. In this upgrade all of our televisions were upgraded to 32” LCD’s. Additionally, all the lighting and bedspreads were also upgraded. These are just a few things that were done in preparation for a possible small renovation this year. For the things we have received, we are all excited about our product and our guests definitely will notice. Again, I would like to thank you for your review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Great service at check in with Daisy. Daisy was very helpful. She is a very beautiful woman. Bed was very comfortable. Check-in was efficient and fast. I love the grab and go breakfast, I was in a hurry, so it was very convienent.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Just as Woody from toy story would say, thank you.., thank you..., thank you.... I appreciate your time in writing a review. It gives all of us great pleasure to know that we continue to provide GREAT customer service. Daisy was thrilled to know that she made you feel welcomed and that her help was useful to you. From all of us to you, thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

My friend Jovannie recommended that I stay the night at this hotel since I needed a place to stay and I can say it was the best hotel I have ever stayed at. When I walked into the hotel I was treating right away by a friendly lady, she gave great customer service and very helpful. The room was nice, clean and had the home feeling to it. The beds were really comfortable and the restrooms and kitchen were extremely clean. The kitchen came with the basic utensil so you dont need to go out and buy any yourself. It is also located in a great place near restaurants, Willowbrook Mall, AMC24 movie theater, and even a Walmart. You can go shopping and buy everything you need within a short distance. I would love to spend another night in this hotel, so if you are looking for a place to stay in Houston I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

It gives me great pleasure to know that your stay with us made you feel like being at home. We take pride in our hotel and call it home. We want to make sure that it just doesn't have the features of a home such as our fully equipped kitchens but that it has the feeling of home. Thanks for staying with us.