America's Inn
US$259
US$231
US$152
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$163
US$140
galahotels.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2011

booked a room requesting handicap access, room was clean and bathroom was very large and w/c accessable. price was very reasonable, clerk informed me that breakfast was in the lobby from 7-10, coffee, juice, milk, cold cereal, toast, muffins which was good enough for the price i paid for the room. the place is just off hwy 59 at the beltway in a commerical area, but i slept undisturbed, the room was clean, nothing fancy about the place but well kept and staff was very nice, the room had a coffee maker, microwave and fridge, i would stay again, booked with expedia

Room Tip: i requested a handicap room, which was provided, very easy access to room
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank skb_2183
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The room itself was actually better than I anticipated for the price we paid. The only complaint that I had was the odor of cigarette smoke in a non-smoking room. We were moved to another room without issue, but the smell was roughly the same. The A/C worked well and the room came with a mini-fridge and microwave which I didn't expect. The staff was nice and the breakfast was ok. They had muffins and cereal. I would stay there again provided we could get it similarly priced.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank txninja
Reviewed 1 August 2008

I booked this using Hotwire as the price was good and it was rated 2 stars and in the same category as a Comfort Inn or La Quinta. Don't be fooled, this place is no where near the same level as a decent Comfort Inn or La Quinta and I have told Hotwire that. This place is located in a run down neighborhood. Upon arrival, there was the local sheriff with someone (of a racial minority) handcuffed and spread-eagled across the hood of his patrol car. The motel does employ a security guard, but this guy was so obese that he had trouble getting out of the chair he was eating his dinner in.

The night manager was a nice guy with a "what are you kind of people doing here" type of look. The girl at the desk in the morning was rude and got disgusted when we had the temerity of asking her to refill the Orange Juice while she was engrossed in her novel. The coffee maker was broken so we did without.

The rooms were well-worn, but seemed otherwise clean, though we did not test this theory, instead preferring to sleep on top of the bed and not underneath the sheets.

Unless this is the only place in the entire Houston metropolitan area with a vacancy, do not stay here! And even then, I would probably drive elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank County-Hunter
Reviewed 7 July 2008

We chose this hotel because of the cheap rate. The saying,"You
get what you pay for" could have never been truer in this case.
Upon arrival you are greeted with a sign at the front desk that says No Refunds. This prompted me to ask to see a room before we checked in. We requested a non smoking room. This means nothing at this hotel. According to the front desk clerk, "people smoke in them anyway". So after looking at a 4th room, we found one where the AC was working properly and it didn't smell like a bar room.
It seems all of the rooms we looked at had flaws of some sort, you pretty much have to pick your battles here. Cool AC but roaches and a moldy bathroom vs. malfunctioning AC, 1 dead cricket lying on the carpet, but a good bathroom.
There is cable tv and a coffee pot and continental breakfast. No iron and ironing board in room, you must walk to the front desk to get that.
The only elevator that works is the one in the lobby. The other 2 don't work and there are no Out of Order signs posted.

On both days, we left out only to return and find that our key cards did not work for our room door. On the first day, they assigned our room to someone else. Luckily this person was an honest person. They entered the room and found our things in there and immediately went back to the front desk. Nothing of ours was missing. The second day same thing. We don't know if someone entered our room. Nothing was missing. It seems your belongings are not safe here, they will give your room away while you are gone. The desk clerk told us that we must recheck in everyday after 12 noon or they think that we have vacated the room. But I paid in advance for 3 days, so why should have to do all of this, right?? My point exactly.
The beds were not bad at all, the linens were clean, but the comforter had burn holes in it. There is a large desk with 2 chairs and the sink area was clean. The front desk staff were all very pleasant as well as the housekeeping staff. There is a security guard walking the grounds at night. There is 1 computer with free internet access near the lobby.
I'm not picky at alI but I would not stay here again. I would just go to the Holliday Inn or anywhere else. check out the pics I took.

• Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank d467
Reviewed 8 June 2008

This hotel is clean and accomodating. I did not expect much for the price but was pleasantly surprised. I will stay here again if Im in the area. I reccomend this hotel if you are on a budget and are looking for a clean friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank thompsonfam