“far from the best, but good value for money and good staff”
Review of America's Inn

America's Inn
Ranked #352 of 517 Hotels in Houston
London
“far from the best, but good value for money and good staff”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We needed somewhere to stay at short notice, everywhere was booked up and this was the only place we could find close to where we were that had a room. It is far from a great place to stay, it is old tired and falling apart, but it is very very cheap. So you get what you pay for and for the price I think it is totally fine.

The staff were friendly and helpful, but the room was tired and grubby, not dirty as such, but just tatty and old. If you need somewhere on a budget and you can see past a warn out place then this will do the job for you.

Room Tip: Top floor is smoking, so if you want non-smoking make sure you are on the ground floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I pay $100 for a room w/jacuzzi,the guy in the front was rude and can't understand a Word he said.the room has a strong cheap sigarete smell,i went to complaint and they din't do nothing about it.no money refound.no more than 2 people in the same room.sign out at 11am

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank fernando2345
milwaukee, wi
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were there for this past Spring to visit Houston. The hotel is really cheap compared to others. But you do have to rent a car because it is far away from downtown and the airport. You get free breakfast and wireless internet. all the furniture and carpets were old and some were broken. I guess you get what you pad for. If you just want a place to sleep, then you should pick this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

First, the lady at the front counter was so unhelpful. The room smells like old smoke, or like mildew maybe a combination. The pool is dirty and cloudy. People from the highway are rude and it's a congested entrance. Kinda unsafe. Personally I don't even like Houston, and if I'm ever forced to come to Houston again I would not come here again. I would not recommend it to others. There's plenty of other cheap hotels in Houston.

• Stayed August 2013
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We chose this hotel for convenience- we needed a place near the bowling alley where the youth tournament was held. The bowling alley was in a so-so area so we read the reviews before we decided.

When we first arrived at this location, we were downright scared. To get here, we had to drive through a notorious area in town - much worse than we had realized - and pass a hotel 2 blocks away that apparently is home to many of the local prostitutes because quite a few of them were out in the streets. We seriously considered leaving because of this and also because of the amount of people who appeared to be living in the hotel - never a good sign.

However, the rooms were spotlessly clean and everything was in good repair. The lobby is beautiful and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. The beds are very comfortable - very pleasantly surprised. There are security cameras outside, which made me feel a little better.

The breakfast was just muffins and cereal - nothing worth going downstairs for.

If we were travelling without my kids on a tight budget we would consider staying again. However, because of the neighborhood and the other "guests" we would probably not stay when the kids are with us.

Room Tip: Ask for a second or third floor near the lobby - safer and a better place to park your car.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Oh where do I start. Two night stay..

On my arrival the clerk at the front dest was talking to another guest so I am waiting my turn, The other guest leaves and the clerk ask if she can help me, so I told her I would like a room then as im talking she picks up the phone and calls someone to ask for a fax number. She them ask's me what type of room even though I already told her, She ask's for my ID, she then goes to the back room and sends a fax before completing my check Inn. WOW! Maybe I have been watching to much Hotel Impossible but really I should have left right then!
Here's my list of issues.
One very small bar of soap at the sink in the room no soap for the shower. Im glad i pack my own soap.
No Iron in room or ironing board, you can go to the front dest and check out an iron but they do not have boards. Ha!
No hair dryers in rooms or at least not mine, but I have a feeling you have to ask for them too.
Looks like there was a picture above my bed, you can tell where it use to hand...it's gone now!
Tv is an old one so dont expect a flat screen.
There are 3 pillows on the bed and if you stack all three it may equal a standard pillow size.
Towels I can sum up easily... SANDPAPER!
I leave for the day and when I return back to my room I go to the fridge because I had water in there and cookies, chips in a special container I bought and guess what? It was all gone. I called the front desk and it was the same girl who checked me in. I told her that my stuff was gone from the fridge and that housekeeping must have thrown it away and she replied " Are you sure someone else didnt take it? WHAT? Did she really just ask me that? She said that she will tell the manger.
The housekeeping also didnt leave any coffee in the room today but there was yesterday. Not very consistant with there daily routines. Im done! I dont care if it was sixty bucks I have come to expect more in my travels....I stay 120 nights a year in hotels and this is by far one of my worst.

Room Tip: Need I say more.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2012

OK, so this is one of the few motels in Houston where you can stay get a room for the night, with continental breakfast and free Wi-Fi, for under fifty bucks. But I can honestly say that I have stayed in nice places than this. The motel is located between car lots on the access road to Highway 59, just about where it joins Beltway 8 (it could be a good setting for a vice movie, for sure). The motel itself is pretty OK, with a pool tacked on the side. My room was large, with everything I would expect at this price range. However, when I checked in in the early afternoon I noticed my next door neighbors sitting on their bed with the door wide open, smoking. And there was a wheelbarrow outide the door with a TV set perched on top. The reception staff were friendly, and the morning breakfast was OK, but somehow I could not get the location or the seedy clientelle out of my head. Conclusion: Try somewhere else if you can.

Room Tip: Try one near the pool. The rooms round the back have a seedier aspect.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business