“Very Satisfied!”

Ranked #308 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Orange Beach, Alabama
“Very Satisfied!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice in the past month, visiting family nearby for thanksgiving & christmas. We were quite pleased with our stay both times. We stayed in a king suite over thanksgiving, then a room with 2 queens. We preferred the bed in the king suite & the suite room but needed the 2 beds on our 2nd stay. All staff were friendly & very accommodating. Rooms are very clean, as well as pool area & breakfast area. Breakfast gives lots of choices. Will more than likely stay here again next trip to visit family.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
TX
Reviewed 4 September 2013

very clean, very helpful staff. good breakast. good beds. quiet. although the area has seen better days the fairfield inn is in good shape. you can get to restaurants,groceries, and liquor stores easily, some without getting on a street

Room Tip: rooms away from the freeway are quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The location of this Fairfield Inn is sketchy at best. Homeless people under I-45. While loading my car at 6:15 on Sunday morning 8/18 to take my son to his soccer tournament my car window was smashed out and bags stolen. The office staff did not help or offer any support. I was told they have a security guard until 6 but he just turned in his walkie talkie and keys. She didn't know if there were any security cameras on the property. There has been no follow up with me post incident. They also said this had never happened but the responding officer said he was just there 2 weeks prior for a similar incident.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa G
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-45 North, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Melissa G,
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the unfortunate incident that occurred during your stay at our hotel. We take guest safety very seriously and I feel terrible that you were a victim of a crime while you were staying with us. I want to assure you we took all possible steps to help the situation by calling the police, assisting in finding a glass company to repair your window, as well as offering compensation for your situation. If you should find yourself back in the area I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make up for this event.

Rita S.
Plano, TX
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Business trip, one night here before catching a flight out of IAH in the morning. The local area seems to be in a depressed state, with more businesses closed then open, across the street from the FI is an ex-Outback that is boarded up, so I went to a Texas Road House that is 0.3 miles but 15 minutes to get to by car... Rooms were in good condition, clean and a decent breakfast buffet in the morning, along with good wifi all I lok for in a FI. In the morning, the drive to IAH can be tough, as the traffic on I-45 and then Beltway 8 to get there was a pain, so leave yourself plenty of time if you are doing so... Negative - A/C unit that never stopped running, must be the Houston humidity...

Room Tip: The east end of the Hotel is near to I-45 ,I was on the 3rd floor about 2/3 of the hotel away from t...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-45 North, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Dittymau,
Thank you for taking time to review the Fairfield Inn and Suites Houston I-45. I am glad that overall your stay was satisfactory. I apologize that your A/C unit didn't seem to be functioning. I will address that issue with my maintenance staff. If you ever find yourself in the area again I do hope that you will once again be our guest.

Rita S
Orange, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2013

One of the best of this group I have used. Very clean, good bedding and towels etc. Breakfast bar was well kept and good.

They could use a better signage, hard to find even with a GPS, but all in all a good place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I was on a business trip to Houston and needed a room, near the airport, at the last minute. I wasn't looking for surprises or frills -- just a clean, quiet, comfortable place for the night, in a good location and with the usual business amenities. And that's what I got.

The room was very clean and I had no noise problems, even though it's right on the highway. Internet was fast. Climate control was good -- i had no problems settling at a comfortable temperature. The pool looked nice, though I didn't use it. The exercise room was small but perfectly adequate for my purposes. The breakfast was what you typically get at these chains, with hot and cold options. The omelettes looked prefab and I didn't try them, but the fruit was nice.

This area along I-45 is full of hotels and big chain restaurants. Not much for charm -- unless you like highways -- but it's strategically located for the airport and northern suburbs. And the drive to the city doesn't take too long, although that obviously depends on traffic.

If I wanted to be picky, I'd say that the fan on the bathroom is pretty loud. But it really didn't bother me.

And high marks to the service. Front desk and housekeeping were friendly and helpful, above and beyond the usual.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This hotel is right off I-45 at the intersection with FM1960. There is a Krogers in walking distance, as well as a shopping mall. Check in was the fastest experienced in a long time, very efficient. The room was attractively furnished, lobby has a fresh appearance, breakfast area was clean, and buffet breakfast was good. Windows in room can be opened, but there is road noise from I45 even when shut. Not too bothersome if tired though. Ample parking. Yes, would stay here again.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to have road noise
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank usuallyhappytravels
HoustonI-45FFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-45 North, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel! We value all of our guests' input and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope you will visit the Houston I-45 Fairfield Inn & Suites again next time you find yourself in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Quality Suites North
#276 of 511 in Houston
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Spring / N. Houston
Hilton Garden Inn Houston Cypress Station

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-45 North? Share your experiences!