“Great second time stay”

Ranked #244 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, United States
“Great second time stay”
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

This is our second time to stay here. Coming in from south Louisiana, it was easy to drive to. We arrived at 2 pm and were checked in within minutes. The room was clean, well stocked with towels/ wash cloths and temp great once adjusting A/C.
There are 5/6 restaurants, a bar, cigar shop, and spa within walking distance. Walmart is a couple miles down the road.
Enjoyed being able to leave car here while on 2 week cruise.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Finnish first
Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Made the reservation thru Expedia . verified with Expedia that we need early check in for two crew members Expedia verified it would not be a problem . When the crew arrived for an early check in the front desk person was rude unhelpful and basically would not offer a check in until after 3pm.
The crew had to find a different hotel to check in . Further Expedia would not refund the charges .

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jetkid
Houston_TXManager, Manager at Comfort Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear JetKid:
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us your feedback. We apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. We do offer early check-in as long as we have rooms available to check into. We were sold out the night before and we did not have rooms available when you came in the morning. We will re-train the front desk so this is explained better in the future. Thank you for your review and if you are ever in Houston again, please consider us to be home away from home.
Independence, Louisiana
Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

My family stayed here while attending a Houston Astros game and was wary of staying here because of some slightly negative reviews of this hotel. Not the case with this property. The hotel is maintained very well and exceeded my expectations especially of its location near the airport. The noise from the jets are only heard when outside by the pool. Breakfast is good, beds are soft and comfortable, and the staff is attentive and friendly.
After staying at this Comfort Suites hotel I wonder why some reviewers are so critical. Rest assured that this property is representing the Quality Hotels brand very nicely. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed 12 December 2012

very close to bush airport, van service is reliable, staff is friendley, nice breakfast, close to small shopping center, computer room, I wished the van service picked up later than 12am for late night arrivals at the airport,

1 Thank ken817
Appleton
Reviewed 10 November 2012

First I want to say, if you look at all my reviews, this is the first 1 dot I have given anyone! Stayed here for an interview, the company paying for one night and I was paying for 2 nights. It took three, yes three attempts to finally get the reservation set up so we were not changing rooms.
First morning, out of coffee by 7AM, and the coffee bar is mess. Second morning coffee bar is a bigger mess and again out of coffee at 9AM.
Tried to get shuttle bus to take me to car rental, it was half way to airport. No we only take guests to the airport. Do you understand the meaning of the word; GUEST???

This is all a reflection of the Management of this facility not training or empowering their people.

Walked to the car rental and the the lady said; Maybe you should stay at the Hampton next time, they are nice people. So my Trip Advisor advice .... stay at the Hampton they are nice people!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Houston_TXManager, Manager at Comfort Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Dear JimVH:
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us your feedback. We apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. We have re-trained our breakfast employee to closely watch the coffee bar. On the complaint about the shuttle. We are unable to drop off guest at the Rental Garage according to the Airport Officials. There is no area for our shuttle to drop off guests to that garage. The only way we can do this is by first dropping a guest off at the terminal and then taking the shuttle to the garage. I'm sorry but this is out of our hands. If another hotel is doing this practice, then this is a violation of a City of Houston Law. We will re-train the front desk so this explained better in the future. Thank you for your review and if you are ever in Houston again, please consider us to be home away from home.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

I choose this hotel because of it's location close to the airport and fit to the government Perdiem rate. Honestly I was skeptical about the quality of the hotel. This is the first time I chose a comfort inn hotel, and it blew my mind, it was a very nice and clean hotel, despite a small issue I have upon my arrival when I was given a room that smell like some one have been smoking in there. They quickly changed my room to the 3rd floor and I have no complained. Everything was perfect. The breakfast in the morning was sufficient enough, also the shuttle to and from the airport. The driver in the morning that take me to the airport was very helpful. I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012
Costa Rica
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I had an overnight layover between domestic and international flights and stayed at Comfort Suites.
The Good Points: You can call the hotel using a free courtesy phone in baggage claim at Bush Intercontinental Airport so the shuttle knows to come pick you up. The shuttle came within 15 minutes and that was at 9:45 pm. Fast 10 minutes to the hotel from the airport. Fast check-in with my reservation using Booking.com (which was easy and great, by the way). Shuttle was efficient in the morning ... EXCEPT watch that you are waiting for the shuttle at least 10 minutes early. I showed up for the 7:00 am shuttle at 6:55 am and it had already left. The receptionist had to call the driver back for me and another guest. The room is simple yet very spacious. Bathroom shower is great. Breakfast OK, not anything to write home about. Room is quiet despite being close to a freeway and the airport.

The Bad Points: Reception staff don't know much. When asked about making long-distance phone calls from the room, the front desk staff did not know the cost. In-room "high speed" internet connection is the farthest thing from high speed I've ever seen. Couldn't connect to Skype over a 30 minute period because the connection was too slow. Bed sheets were quite worn and a little stained in parts. Watch the departing shuttle times (see above).

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Houston_TXManager, Manager at Comfort Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Hi Shannon,

Thank you for the addressing the "Good Points". We greatly appreciate your feedback.
As for the "Bad Points", we will be upgrading the bandwidth at the hotel to minimize anymore situations were slowness could occur. I'm sorry for the confusion on the telephone charges. We will re-train the staff to better explain this in the future. Thanks again for your feedback.