“Quite ok”

Ranked #348 of 507 Hotels in Houston
St Helier, United Kingdom
“Quite ok”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Has free wi fi, that sometimes wasn't working, or when I was using both my phone and computer. Clean, very quite (I think I was very loud when I was on the phone). TV, hairdryer, iron, refrigerator and microwave inside. Paid about $60 for 2 people a day, for a non-smoking room with two beds. It was ok, nothing special. I just didn't like at the beginning when we tried to book it (we called earlier), owners didn't understand us and seemed crabby. AC when turned on on fan mode, kinda smelled. But good for this price.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The old guy who is probably the owner is rudest guy possible. He walks with the room service lady from one room to another and checks inside the rooms even if a lady guest is alone in the room. Not sure what he is searching for but I had many guests complaining. Besides this the rooms are clean but our Refrigerator was not working, when we complained, we had to face the old man who told us to leave the hotel and 'disappear'.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Twilight zone Z
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Like they say, don't judge the book by its cover so please don't judge the hotels from their pictures.

I'm from Baton Rouge, La and due to work I am usually never off on the right times and this time I had 2 days off back to back n decided to go on a family trip with my fiancé, mom and dad... It was hard to find but that was no problem but when we went inside to check in, the front desk was rude and I had a Family Discount n he charged me $20 more upon checking in telling me that the family discount online was wrong n da printed paper in my hand was wrong and he was right.. So instead on paying $45 dollars I was charged $65. We walked in the room and we looked around and we were in the hotel APPROXIMATELY 20 minutes before we decided to walk out.. If was not even worth paying for,, usually people say ill pay this much for this hotel but I'd say for that hotel, I will not pay a penny.. I'd rather sleep in my car n be uncomfortable than to even go in their rooms.. That place was really ***RATCHET*** we had decided to stay in Houston until Sunday morning but the place was not worth staying in n we decided to go back home on the same night.. Thank you for wasting our time.. I work at Sleep Inn and I never ever experienced a room like that in my life.. Will never ever recommend anyone to ever stay at that hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Stayed for one night. Not Bad. Good location, clean room with a fridge, a microwave, a TV, a hairdryer and an ironing board, but iron was missing. Toasts, jam, muffins, juice and brewed coffee for breakfast.

The guy on the reception looked not-so-friendly. The fridge was old and very noisy, so we had to switch it off to fall asleep. I could hear our neighbors watching TV, but not so loud. The bed seemed not-so-good for me, but I was spoiled by memory-foam mattress at home. What I really didn't like was the fire alarm. It switched on at night without any reason. We didn't manage to switch it off; fortunately, it switched off itself in a minute.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Hard to find, hidden behind a Wendy's. Price was great! Check in and out were fine (except that the 1st room we went in had someone's clothes in a pile in the corner and cigarettes on the nightstand with a small baggie next to it). Immediately called front desk and was moved no problem. Room had lots of furniture, almost too much. Flatscreen worked fine but had no HBO (eventhough there's an HBO guide in the room). Air was great! Bed was a little stiff but manageable. There are a few restaurants in walking distance (try the Red Onion Cafe...it's good!). Bathroom is small but very clean with good water pressure (but the water drained slowly and you had to hold the handle to flush the toilet). Hair dryer, iron and board, microwave, fridge but no coffeemaker. Lots of cars in the parking lot at night but never heard a peep. Cheap, no frills or drama. Had everything we needed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank djz032070
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Room 226-- Not horrible- had a hair dryer and ironing board and iron. Not a big deal to some people but it is to me! Unit was clean and tolerable for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo