“For us a perfect hotel on the perfect location”

Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport
Ranked #83 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We had chosen the Hyatt for its distance for the airport and the good price/quality.

Due to some roadwork we had some problem to directly find the parking entrance to the hotel, but that was the only minor thing.
We were very friendly welcomed at the reception. The room was more a suite with a huge flat screen TV and a large, good bed. We have slept perfectly. A great compliment we want to give their breakfast, as it was in comparison to other hotels very surprising. They were offering a large variety of fruits and a lot less fat making stuff.
The next time we will certainly stay again here

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 January 2012

I booked this hotel on Priceline. I arrived at 8pm, and they didn't have any more room. They said that they arranged a room for me at the Super 8 Motel down the road. According to the Super 8, they get a lot of people from the Hyatt, so I'm not the only one. Very unhappy. If they couldn't honor the Priceline agreement, they should have told me ahead of time, and I would have booked a different hotel.

Room Tip: Don't book the hotel through priceline.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tumbleweed66
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in the room and see the whole “living” area besides the “bedroom” area. The hotel room is more like a mini-suite. The bed, however, was not as comfortable as it looked. I woke up with a back pain the next morning. I did love the pillow and comforter.
We arrived at the hotel late at night and were happy to know that they still serve food. We ordered pizza and the girl took our order without knowing the kind we wanted was out, so there was a back and forth a couple of times. The free breakfast was sufficient with bagels, muffins, yogurt.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I have stayed here many times and am still not disappointed. We had a three month old with us and the crib was set up in the room when we arrived, which was nice since our flight came in at 11pm.
We use this hotel often when we travel through Houston and will be returning.

Room Tip: I would try to stay on the front of the hotel rather than the backside
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Hyatt Place properties I like, as usually convenient, modern and functional, large rooms, but sometimes hit and miss with staff, this was a miss. If you look at the website, or even when you get your confirmation, it will mention free transport to / from airport. Being a Houston IAH airport hotel that is the least one would, expect a shuttle service. What they don't mention is it finishes at 2300 and it is isn't a shuttle, you have to phone from the airport to request. My flight arrived at 2220, bags off belt 2235 and I proceeded directly out to get the shuttle. There was Marriott, Doubletree, Hilton, all of the vans sweeping round regularly, but no Hyatt. I sat there until 2310 and went inside to get the phone number for the hotel to contact, as I hadn't the number. The info desk was closed at the aiport and the bank of courtesy phones for hotels had no listing for this hotel. I managed to contact the Hyatt Regency and after some explaining they gave me the number for my Hyatt Place hotel, which when answered proceed to voicemail as the receptionist was dealing with a hotel guest. I waited, no reply, no van. After another 30 minutes, now 2345 I contacted the Hyatt Regency again and they said that was the number, but gave me an alternative and I managed to get through. The lady that answered was insistant that I did not leave a message as they had no voice mail ?? and when I explained my situation she said couldn't help, vans finished at 2300..what a joke. There was no help of how an alternative method of transport was available, just she was upset ( the employee) as she was being made out to be lying, which of course is out of context as I had mentioned not happy with the situation (as a guest) and was looking for assistance. Other vans tried to help and next time I will be staying at the Oxford Inn or Marriott North as both very helpful, but eventually had to resort to a cab at $26 for a 10 minute ride. Waking the next morning they had told me on check-in the wrong time of breakfast, so missed this and when using the return shuttle (it was available at 1300) had to return to hotel as they had left a guest, the whole set up appeared a shambles. The only good thing, was the room layout with its great big TV and comfortable beds. The worst thing I noticed on my return to the airport, was a Crowne Plaza more or less across the road, which I could have easily taken their van the previous evening. (maybe tipping the driver a little something) As I am as a Priority Club member I sure they would have helped if known, saving myself not only money but 1 hour in time.As a Hyatt Platinum I use Hyatt a lot and they nearly always offer a good product, but this certainly needs attention

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank GaryCI
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Unexpected stay in Houston due to missed plane connection landed me in Hyatt Place. The hotel is convenient to the airport and offers free shuttle to/from airport, free wireless and continental breakfast. On site restaurant and bar is also available.

The efficiency of check-in and hospitality of hard working staff has encouraged me to seek another Hyatt Place in future travels.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The staff at this hotel really are one of its' great points! They realise they're an airport hotel & check-in after a 10 hour flight was smooth & simple!
I was left alone to get on with my daily business, but I was always greeted with a friendly acknowledgment on my return.
If I needed anything then I felt free to ask & when I did ask my requests were dealt with in an efficient, friendly manner!
I cannot give this hotel any more praise - so I have written to their General Manager telling them what a delight it was to stay for 5 nights! In a world that complains too much it was a delight to write a letter a praise! Well done Hyatt Place Houston....you really are "my Hyatt Place"

• Stayed: October 2011
Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston North IAH
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
Hilton Houston North
Hilton Houston North
#94 of 518 in Houston
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport
Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental

Been to Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport

Address: 300 Ronan Park Place, Houston, TX 77060-3416 (Formerly Hyatt Place Bush Intercontinental Airport)
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#17 Green Hotel in Houston
#51 Best Value Hotel in Houston
Price Range: £70 - £117 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport 3*
Newly remodeled, the Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport is located in North Houston, just a short drive from Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). Guests enjoy our free breakfast buffet, Wi-Fi, and self-parking as well as our outdoor pool, hotel bar and fitness center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hyatt Place Houston/Greenspoint/Iah Airport Hotel Houston