“Never Never Never try this hotel!”

Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport
Ranked #82 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I booked this hotel with fully prepaid. but when I arrived, the front desk told me no room available and sent me to another hotel. Hyatt place told me fully refund to me and I paid the other hotel by myself. When I go back, I found the money didn't go back to my credit card and call the hotel. The front desk always tell me the manager is not at the hotel and never reply the email.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Demi Z

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Was greeted by a friendly lady at the service desk. So far so good. Later I noticed short black curly hair in the shower. I let that go though. The thing that really upset me was seeing makeup and dried boogers on the blanket I layed on. Took the blanket downstairs to show the staff. Was told they were so sorry about the situation but they didn't even have a clean blanket to give me. Instead we were given sheets. I am extremely upset with the hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is my 2nd stay at this brand of hotel and it continues to impress. The room was very quiet and comfortable; the breakfast is sublime! The only shortcoming this trip is that the in-room coffee had no condiments--no stirers, sugar, creamer, just black coffee (not my thing). I expect to be in the area again for business and would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had booked one night here for an overnight layover near the airport before an international flight the next morning. Our main problem was the shuttle from IAH. On our first call they said 15-20 minutes. After about 40 minutes we called again and were told just a few more minutes. After an hour had gone by, called again and they insisted the van was on the way. Roughly an hour and a half later, we finally got picked up. If they would have been up front with us from the get go, we would have taken a cab. The weather was horrible and we were freezing outside waiting. When the van finally got there, the driver did not so much as say hello to us. He was so unprofessional, wearing low rider pants. By the time we finally got to the hotel, all the restaurants nearby were closed. The hotel had food, which you had to go to the front deck and pick up. But they were out of almost everything.

Clearly, during our visit, they were very understaffed. But for me the real kicker is that management obviously doesn't care. After our stay I received an email from Hyatt asking for feedback on our stay. I went into more detail than I did here, including answering "yes" to the question, "would you like us to contact you?" It has been over a month and I have not heard a word from them.

We usually love Hyatt, but this one does not deserve the Hyatt name.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maryann h
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stranded in Houston due to weather, this place had one of the cheaper prices in the area. So the hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport, they do have an airport shuttle. Another good thing is that they have breakfast included with the room.

The room itself was big, beds were comfortable, the only issue I had was cleanliness. We found half eaten chicken wings on the floor from the previous guests.

Overall, if cleanliness is just a mishap, this is a good place to crash when stranded at the airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is as much a Hyatt as Old Navy is Banana Republic. Although the room was clean, a few things were missing, including a soap bar. I was happy to find a 24/7 menu that I could order from, then to find out that I have to go downstairs and pick up the food. It would have totally been fine, if only they had a tray that I could carry my food in! Not sure how they thought I can carry 2 dishes, a bottle of water and a glass of wine.
You could also hear the noise of the highway and/or flights from the room, so the overall sleep quality was not that great. The price is not worth what you get for it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Ok, so this is a weird hotel/motel.
The property itself is great. Really nicely appointed, new and modern, with all the amenities you would ever want. Hyatt has a great product.
Now, what does't work are the people. They seem to be there to have fun and not to provide service for guests. An example: at 7am there was no coffee left in 3 of the coffee machines. I told an attendant and he replaced one canister. Guess what? In 3 minutes flat there was no coffee, again.
Also, at 7am, no toaster for toasting the bagels on the counter. They forgot to put it there. Hot food looked like it has been standing there for a while and the breakfast room was busy! Employees were there, close-by, having fun.
When we checked-in we asked about the complimenatry shuttle to the airport. We were told that they run every hour. Which is fine, only we were not informed that were were supposed to make a booking for it.
Luckily, at the time we needed to go to the airport, there were several parties informed when the shuttle is departing, but not told they were supposed to book their transportation. So they took us to the airport.
This hotel/motel is mismanaged. Hyatt place has put together a nice product, but the execution, at least at this properly, is not right.
If I ever find myself in Houston Airport again, I would choose another property.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TamiTravel
Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
Hyatt Regency North Houston
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston North IAH
Hilton Houston North
Hilton Houston North
#89 of 518 in Houston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston Intercontinental Arpt
TownePlace Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton HOU Intercontinental Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport

Address: 300 Ronan Park Place, Houston, TX 77060-3416 (Formerly Hyatt Place Bush Intercontinental Airport)
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#16 Green Hotel in Houston
Price Range: £69 - £127 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport 3*
Newly remodeled, the Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport is located in North Houston, just a short drive from Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). Guests enjoy our free breakfast buffet, Wi-Fi, and self-parking as well as our outdoor pool, hotel bar and fitness center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hyatt Place Houston/Greenspoint/Iah Airport Hotel Houston