The St. Regis Houston
US$226
US$268
US$247
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$213
US$420
US$332
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$219
CrownePlaza.com
The Houstonian(Houston)
US$467
US$451
  • Pool
All reviewsbutler serviceremington barastor suiteluxury hotelspg platinumroom servicechocolate covered strawberriesgalleria areafavorite hotelturn down servicefour seasonscar servicemini barbit datedroom was largebusiness or pleasurevery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Overall, this isn't a bad property, but my opinion is that the service does not align to my expectations for a property of this type. The amenities in the room are on par with the Sheraton Suites on the other side of the highway, albeit marginally better due to a particularly well stocked minibar and a Bose wave radio in the room. It was notable to me that to get coffee in the morning, it is necessary to order room service or visit the lobby.

I regularly stay at other Starwood properties, but there was a particularly good online deal for the St. Regis that I came across while planning a trip to Houston, so I decided to give it a try.

As I pointed out above, I wasn't impressed by the service. Nobody offered to carry my bags, though this wasn't a huge issue for me because I tend to travel light. I was unfamiliar with the butler amenity, but when I called them the evening prior, they told me that they do bring coffee in the morning (no coffee maker in the room). When I did try to get coffee in the morning from the butler service, the person on the line cut me off and asked to transfer me to room service, but failed to do so properly, leaving me with a dead line. When I called room service directly (which styles itself as "private dining"), they told me that it could take upwards of about 30 minutes to get coffee. I caved and ordered, but it certainly interrupted the flow of my morning.

There are many little details that I appreciated about the property, including 12 year Macallan in the minibar, postcards in the desk, well-weighted pens, a tv with an HDMI port, perfectly roasted coffee when it did arrive, chocolates on the pillow, and many other such things. But the service? Not so much.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you for sharing some observations following your stay at the St. Regis Houston recently and for recognizing the extra touches in our guest rooms.

Yes, part of the butler services is complimentary coffee or tea in the morning with your wake-up call and yes, we do provide complimentary coffee in the lobby every morning; we do not have
coffee makers in the guest rooms.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

My wife and I stayed spent two enjoyable nights at the St. Regis. Great location and a very nice, quiet property. The rooms are comfortable and large for a city hotel. The common areas are well kept, the pool is beautiful and the staff is courteous and prompt. Everything you would expect from a St. Regis. However, there was a minor issue or two (late room cleaning, bad table service at the hotel bar). That being said, while not as luxurious as some high end hotels, the St. Regis is extremely nice and can't be beat for the price which is far below what one would expect to pay for a high end city hotel.

Room Tip: Huge rooms. Comfortable bed. Really can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

The St. Regis Houston is located close the Galleria and easy access to the major thoroughfares.

Thank you for recognizing the wonderful large guest rooms and our associates who pride
themselves on taking great care of the property.

Please come back again soon to see us.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

My only regret is that we only booked one night here on the way back from a cruise! The property is gorgeous and the amenities are A+ The king bed room was large enough that it had a full size chaise lounge at the end of the bed, a huge desk loaded with everything you would need to work AND a conference/reading area with 2 chairs and a table! There was no balcony which was a tad disappointing, but otherwise you could not ask for a cleaner, more well appointed room! The soaking tub in the bright marble trimmed bathroom was perfect! We ate in the restaurant bar and the food was very good. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly, trying to do whatever they could for you! Since it was a Sat. night they have live music which was great. During the day we wanted to see the Galleria Mall. The hotel has a town car and driver available that will take you to the sights and back! That was great! I understand this is a pricey choice, but if you want a 5 star hotel that really is 5 star...stay at the St. Regis.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Was so glad to read thar you chose the St. Regis Houston for your brief stay following a cruise.
Thank you so much for the compliments on the guest room appointments, our associates, the food, etc. Please think of us the next time you plan a trip to Houston.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

When you think of St Regis you think of a luxury hotel. I will admit that my room was very nice. But the service was lacking. The staff was pleasant but they didn't have enough staff. Check in took a long, the morning coffee in the lobby was cold and empty and no one got back to me when I asked to extend my stay by a night. But most importantly, the fitness facility was a joke.. If you are looking for a hotel that you want to get an early morning workout, try anywhere else.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mikefct
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for sharing your observations during your recent stay at the St. Regis, Houston and for recognizing our wonderful staff.

Your comments will allow us to counsel our associates in some service areas.

We are working on plans to expande the fitness center later this year as many guests do desire an early morning workout.

Look forward to having you as our guest in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I love the elegance and quiet of this property. The room was lovely, beautifully put together. The restaurant was excellent. The front desk and concierge were informed and helpful. However, housekeeping on the seventh floor left a lot to be desired.
Our room was not cleaned until after two o'clock in the afternoon. The housekeeper knocked at about eleven and we asked her to come back in half an hour. When we returned to our room at one, it was still not done. When she did finish, she did not leave both robes in the room, and only furnished one bottle of water. Strange.
The other problem was the server in the lobby. The bar/restaurant was closed because of a private function and we were waiting in the only lobby area, which also serves drinks, until the other restaurant opened. We wanted to drink with dinner, so only ordered water and soft drinks. The server made it very clear he was not happy with that. All four of us noticed it. This property is much too lovely to have such shoddy behavior. It was a shame, because it marred an otherwise perfect stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the St. Regis Houston earlier this month.

Thank you for your compliments on the ambience of the hotel, the Remington, as well as the front desk and concierge associates.

We will, of course, counsel our houskeeping and bar staff on being more careful with the details.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.