“Not so great..........”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Maryland
“Not so great..........”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

. The hotel was renovated 8 years ago. It looked tired and worn to me. The biggest problem was the tiny bath in our suite. It had a shower in the bathtub. They charged for small items like a toothbrush. They were not near any sights and the hotel car does not operate all the time. It was not near any attractions. Save your money! I think the hotel wrote the positive reviews themselves. If all you are interested in is shopping then this place is for you.

Room Tip: I think there are no good views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barb816
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I apologize that you did not enjoy this stay. We pride ourselves on being the best address in Houston and receive many rave reviews on the hotel.

Please come back again and give us another chance to show your the true St. Regis standard of service excellence.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Last minute reservation provided a beautiful room at a great price for a luxury 5 star hotel. Very well located for antique shopping, galleries and the Galleria mall which has a Neimans etc.The front door staff were excellent as were the front desk check in people. parking is expensive but no more than any other place and they valet and treat you very well. Lobby decor is beautiful and very current and generally tasteful. The room was extremely comfortable and the bed heavenly. Everything was very very clean and fresh and well appointed. The Remington Lounge was very nice and they had a nice band playing with good dance music. The only draw back was the not so high-end 60 something divorce crowd trying to score. They all just looked out of place but them again maybe we looked out of place.We ignored them and just had a good time dancing which was nice because when we sere done we just went up to our room.

Room Tip: Ask for weekend rate.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you so very much for sharing your recent experience at our Hotel; it is always a pleasure to hear from one of our guests after their departure as to how much they enjoyed the hotel.

I hope that you will be back to see us again soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The St. Regis Houston is definitely up the expected standard of the luxury. It is a very nice hotel well located in Houston. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and I felt well taken care of. The valets knew me right away and were very friendly.

Room Tip: I only stayed on south facing side but I would assume it would be a little quieter than the other si...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Aroundtheworld03
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Your comments regarding our Hotel, the best address in Houston, are very much appreciated.
We look forward to being of assistance to you again soon.
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had been wanting to try this hotel for years and finally got around to it. The corner suite with a Jacuzzi sounded like a great place to recharge, and it turned out to be just the ticket, with a few caveats. Valet parking is mandatory, which takes some of the spontaneity out of just popping out to explore. Our room service breakfast couldn't have been better, but it was expensive. The decor is elegant but a bit dated. The Jacuzzi bathtub was a good idea, but our bath water never got above lukewarm, and no one from Maintenance ever came by after we reported it (for this, we received credit for incidentals at checkout). It sure seemed like there were more additional charges (and situations requiring tipping) than at other hotels we've tried (the valet parking and the fee for WiFi being two examples).

The bed/linens were amazing, though, and I really appreciated the set of cutlery, cloth napkins, china, bottled water, and fruit that were ready for us when we arrived. We also enjoyed the separate living room and pleasant service. If you're curious about trying this hotel, just expect it to be more expensive and less convenient than other choices in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie C
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for choosing the St. Regis Houston for your weekend getaway. Yes, there is charge for valet parking but the charge is in keeping with any any luxury city hotel, and there is no self-parking available.

We appreciate your taking the time to comment on some of the Hotel's services and will keep them in mind.

Please come back to see us again son.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I find this hotel quite expensive for the location and quality. Yes, it is one of this luxury hotel where everything has to be perfect. But personally I didn't like the style, the decoration is darkish and pretends to be antique, but is clearly brand new.
The stuff is great, and always helpful, that's a good thing.
Valet parking only! There is no option to park your car yourself.
It is overpriced to my opinion.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your observations following your stay at the St. Regis Houston recently.
Yes, the hotel lobby and guest rooms have been recently refurbished and I am sorry the decor was not to your liking, as we receive many rave reviews from other guests.

Yes, there is no self-parking for the hotel, and this is in keeping with the policy of most luxury city hotels. The hotel prices are competitive to other luxury hotels in the Houston area.

We appreciate your opinion and sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Had a great stay in a large beautiful room while in Houston for business. I generally judge a hotel by its ability to recover for a service issue (which can so easily happen). The St. Regis passed with flying colors. I'd been in the hotel for several nights but on Friday night I could hear the band playing in the bar - after calling the operating and inquiring as to the time the band finished playing (1am -eek!) she volunteered to change my room. Since it was my last night in the hotel and since I'd already packed for my 6am pickup the next morning I took her up on the offer and moved to a higher floor which was thankfully quiet! Then the next morning when I checked out they didn't charge me for the two mini bar items I'd gotten in the old room, saying that they were happy to do it since I'd had to change rooms. You might say, why did they put me in that room in the first place, knowing I'd be there over Friday night? I don't know, but I think they redeemed themselves through and through. I didn't feel like the hotel was "old" at all and I thought the rooms were actually very large, go stay at a comparable hotel in NYC or SF and you'd easily have 1/3rd less space for the same price! All the staff I interacted with throughout the hotel from the bar to the bellman to the front desk were clearly well trained! I'd certainly stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room well above the 4th floor away from the elevators if you're staying over the weeke...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for recognizing the staff for the wonderful recovery job on the band noise the last night you were with us. It was a very good example of the truly bespoke service at our hotel.

Many of our staff are long-tenured and pride themselve on providing only the finest and caring service to our guests.

Please come back again soon.
Dubai
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Check in was slow at first stating I had a twin room,when sharing my booking of a double confusion set in and 10 minutes I was handed a key.No information provided nor even to were to find the rooms.The rooms although large were old in decor and had a damp smell that lingered.Bathrooms amenities you get as good in a average guestbhouse.Bar service was slow infect I didn t wait.Breakfast coffee cold as was breakfast plate.Stayed 2 nights and was very disappointed not your average Regis.Would not return.Also they charge for Internet come on this is a business hotel I expect better!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions following your most recent stay at the St. Regis Houston. I personally apologize for the confusion regarding your room accommodation.