“Economical, Clean, Convenient”

Ranked #91 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Economical, Clean, Convenient”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at this La Quinta for a recent business trip and found it to be a great value and location. It's very close to Houston IAH airport, and easily accessible from the freeway.

The whole property has been updated with clean, modern rooms that were larger than I expected, nice grounds, and safe parking. The complimentary breakfast was satisfactory, and overall I'd recommend this hotel mainly for business trips and/or stopovers requiring close proximity to IAH Airport. The only drawback I can think of is freeway traffic noise.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing the freeway so you can get better sleep!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Austin, TX
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed at this particular location on three separate visits to my hometown of Houston. I travel all over the state, mostly in the major metro areas of Texas (DFW, Houston, Austin, San Antonio). I have to say that the check-in process during the evening has always been first rate and the check-out has been almost the opposite. I definitely appreciate the privilege of getting upgraded to the suite and try to thank all La Quinta employees I come in contact with. On the Monday that I was to check out my Mother decided to visit from the Clear Lake area. I approached Crystal at the front desk and my perception was she had a little attitude. I asked her about using my late check out time as I had goods that I would need to pack for refrigeration after my lunch with my Mom. She told me that the latest she could give me would be 1pm. I then asked her, "Even with my Elite status?" I knew that the 1pm would be challenging and not allow for enough time with my Mother. I returned to one of the lobby tables to finish planning lunch with my Mom. In that time I guess Crystal looked up my profile via my room number and I was approached by the supervisor on duty, Cranita, who informed me that they could grant my wish for the 2pm check out (I frequently use this privilege during my travel as Monday is my off day when I have just finished a 52 hour work week from Thursday morning to Sunday evening). I went to lunch with my Mother and returned to get everything in my room packed up. As is normal I always check around the room to make sure nothing has fallen behind any of the furniture. Upon inspecting behind the tv in the bedroom I discovered a used condom on the floor between the wall and the furniture. This is why I gave low marks to the cleanliness of the room. In Scottsdale I discovered a pair of stripper panties in the closet shelf. It seems as if the housekeeping staff must be not following their checklist? Either way, the used condom was disgusting!!! I mentioned this to Cranita when she checked me out and showed her the pictures I took with my phone. She seemed a little disgusted, however didn't offer any apologies for the experience. This is a great property with a great location! I have to say that in general, my experiences with the DFW properties of La Quinta (mostly with staff) has almost always been more pleasant in DFW than in my hometown Houston. I find that the caliber of employees is generally higher. Just a little personal opinion and perspective. I hope this changes. This property, for the rates that are charged, should deliver a better guest experience!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Very convenient location with great service from the staff members. Need to make sure there are no pets close to your room or ask if there arer any pets in the rooms, you should ask for a room away from those pets. We woke up at 5am because of the dogs barking right besides our room. The matress was also very soft and we both woke up with back pain

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I studied various LaQuinta Inn & Suites online in the Houston area. This one had the best reviews. I booked a four night stay and I'm glad I did. The hotel was clean and the staff was pleasant. Ice tea or hot tea awaited arriving guests in the huge lobby/dining room area. My double bed room was very clean with a comfortable bed, which allowed for a good night sleep each night. My room overlooked the courtyard below. Each morning the breakfast food was arranged nicely and a staff member was always tending to the area to replenish the food and keep the area clean. The huge Galleria is two miles away. Although I walked to it because I was tired of driving, it is easy to drive north from the hotel, do the turn around and then stay on the access road south toward the Galleria. The next day, I took Memorial Drive and went downtown where I toured various sights all day, especially the Historical District. On Saturday, I took Memorial Drive and visited Bayou Bend, which was a beautiful home and garden. I did the self guided tours. Over all, I would stay at this LaQuinta again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This location on the weekend I went was full of teenagers and they were loud, so that didn't help. The staff was super nice but the maintenance of the rooms needs 500% more improvement. I would check to see the price at the Dury Inn the next parking lot over before settling here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Got picked up by free shuttle at airport with lots of luggage - thank you so much to the lady who helped. Accepted dogs, dog park right outside. Lovely building and nice rooms. No hot water for a while, only complaint but we were reimbursed some money - accommodating staff. Nice breakfast included.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very comfortable, clean, nice and accepts doggies. From the time we got to the hotel we had nothing but a wonderful experience. I have to give major kudos to the front desk staff as they were welcoming and bent over backwards to please. There is a beautiful courtyard you can take your dog to right outside the lobby, probably the nicest courtyard I have seen. Their Sunnyside Breakfast is great with juices, fruit, cereal, bagels, do-it-yourself waffles and more. Anyway, just wanted to post my thoughts as we will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family