“Just Say No!” 1 of 5 bubbles

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Galleria Area
Ranked #104 of 501 Hotels in Houston
“Just Say No!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Beautiful property with lazy housekeeping. The worst part? Our vehicle and several others were broken into on the property. We are POSITIVE that it was an inside job because the security guard was patrolling near the locked gate when we parked AND she took the time to ask if we were "in for the night", etc. Staff didn't blink when we reported the break-in. Instead, they acted like it was a routine occurrence. Nice hotel but not worth the we-don't-give-a-damn treatment.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Eileen J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My stay couldn't get better. Went for a visit in the Galleria area, and the walk to the Galleria mall felt like minutes with so much to look at. Didn't go for a swim, but I noticed what looked like a jacuzzi that was so relaxing. Would book again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed with our two dogs. No breed restriction or weight limit, no deposit required. Very pet-friendly. Room was spacious enough for us and we were all very comfortable. Hotel itself is clean, staff is friendly, and despite being a pet-friendly hotel during dog show weekend, the grounds were well-maintained and clean. Would stay here again, for sure!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Jennifer W
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Arrived only to find out all they had left were smoking rooms -my RESERVED IN ADVANCE WITH A CREDIT CARD NON SMOKING ROOM was given away because they "had a large group arrive". BEWARE - apparently reservations mean nothing to this team. When I asked why my room was given away Richard at the front desk indicated that "they did not have to guarantee what I reserved - they only had to provide me a room." Needless to say I was irritated and dismayed. When we couldn't agree on it I told him to give up because all he wanted to do was argue. I walked off only to have him still hounding me verbally saying "They didn't have to guarantee my exact reservation and only had to provide a room" I turned around and told him to stop or I would turn him in to his corporate office.

They found a room that was non-smoking and said the only difference is the shower. They didn't want to mention it was a handicap accessible room and I found that out once I got in the room. I have to use a CPAP machine to breath easier when sleeping so a smoking room was out of the question. I felt bad that this was the last non-smoking room left but due to health reasons had to take it.

Once in the room I set my laptop up to work only to find the light above my desk did not work. I called downstairs and asked if they could bring a light bulb up and was told no. They would have to put in a maintenance request for the next day. Unbelievable that the front desk could not get access to light bulbs. Also WiFi is hit and miss. It worked great for a while but then slowed down tremendously - to the point that I would type and wait 30 seconds for a response from my computer. They need more WiFi routers in the hotel so the signal is strong everywhere. I had to stop working because it was taking so long just respond to emails.

Breakfast for the galleria area location was basic at best - cereal, toast, muffins, fruit, boiled eggs and waffles. I've been to some LQs where you have eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy. Not this one, you get a no frills breakfast considering you are paying $169/night for a room. They could definitely stand to improve the quality of the breakfast when guests are paying this much a night for a room. If you can't up it at least work out a deal with a local restaurant for an upgraded breakfast as an option.

My room was clean but windows definitely allow for transfer of traffic noise from the highway. Especially when the AC unit is not running. I recommend you don't get a room facing the highway. My room was on the side of the hotel and I could still hear traffic noise. Light sleepers should ask for a room that faces the side street that runs along the back of the hotel.

Overall nice hotel, but front desk could use some brushing up on customer service skills. I would stay here again ONLY IF I HAD TO. Would rather give my business to a LQ hotel that appreciates its guests - next time I will likely stay at the Pearland or Webster location which has some awesome feedback and proactive manager. I almost did this time but decided to give this location a try. Stayed at the Webster location last year and had a fantastic stay! So Pearland LQ, you are up next when I come back on business!!

Room Tip: Traffic noise from highway - light sleepers stay on side facing the back residential street. Also m...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

San Antonio, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel and room was very clean. Staff was very friendly. The only downfall, this time, was the huge amount of teenagers staying the same night and making a little extra noise than I am comfortable with. Also, the breakfast area was too crowded, and there seemed to be only one person trying to replenish the food items. I love that my checkout time was 12 noon!

HIGHLAND PARK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were visiting friends and the central location of this La Quinta is a real plus. Our room was large and very comfortable. The breakfast was very mundane and they serve the hideous Nestle (not quite instant) coffee. The Galleria is 2 blocks away and there are many good restaurants near by. One hint: always exit out the back; don't go out the freeway access side. The Houston traffic is so terrible, the rear access puts you on a side street and makes it much easier to get around. Lot of business people stay here; so, the rates jump during the week.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed with my wife and other family members at this hotel because it was a hop skip and jump away from Minute Maid Park. The first room we stayed in, the air conditioning was out of order and smelled mildewy as Houston is a pretty humid city. They moved us into another room that was smaller than the first one. Usually when a hotel moves you out of a room because of their negligence, you get some sort of upgrade. No dice here. We were downgraded. Nevertheless, the room was decent, and had working air conditioning. My wife went out at 10:00pm to use the pool only to be told (pretty rudely I might add) that the pool was closed and we couldn't go near it. When I informed her that we were adults and had swam in the pool at night during our previous stay and wanted to sit by the pool, we were told that we couldn't and if we tried, they would call security to get us out. We were bummed. They could have been a lot more cordial to us and were not. They also did not have enough seating in the breakfast area and my elderly mother had to stand for 20 minutes until a table opened up. The rooms were clean and the location is great, but these guys seem to have trouble with the details. Don't use the word "guest" to describe your customers, if you're not going to treat us like guests. So overall, it was okay. Not thrilling, just okay.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the thermostat to make sure the rooms are cool during the summer.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles