“Spartan accommodations ”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer
Ranked #308 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Due to OTC this was only reasonably priced facility with availability.

Service was poor even go extended stay.

Bed not so comfortable. Limited TV channels.

Facility needs better upkeep.

One day garbage smell was very bad.

Cheap but I would pay more to have it nicer.

Breakfast was a joke but I must sat the coffee was excellent.

Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I had a reservation in other hotel of the same chain. As it was overbooked, was transferred for this, with the remark that some discount would apply for the inconvenience.

Arriving, as the price was the same, I complained, and then the price increased, instead of reducing.

In the first night there was a bug problem in one of the beds in the bedroom, forcing a sofa sleep.

It was hard to achieve the manager, as she stays only short time at the hotel, and did not called, as the reception informed.

After 10 years using this chain, in the next trip unfortunately I will change.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RolaBrazil
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel is as advertised, a very basic, inexpensive accommodation for travelers. Comfortable bed, full kitchen area, television. There is wi-fi in the rooms, but no business center. The woman at the front desk was very courteous and helpful, she printed out my airline boarding pass. Breakfast is just a display of coffee, tea, oranges, apples, packaged muffins and cereal bars. The bathroom is stocked with two bars of soap, no shampoo. Bottom line, the hotel gives you exactly what it promises, a comfortable bed for the night at a very modest price, no frills.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank FGCESQ
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Check in was very fast and friendly. The room I stayed in had a homely feeling as there was a fully equipped kitchen with dishes, pots, utensils, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave and had two high chairs with a nice little counter. The queen sizee bed was comfortable and there was a small sofa with a pull out bed; probably not the most comfortable to sleep on but good if you have your child wanting to chill and watch some tv. Nice little table with two chairs for dining, iron and ironing board and nice mirrors. I would probably recommend that you take a blanket like I did because the blanket was a thin, but apart from this the stay was good.

I would recommend this hotel based on the service I received and the value for the money paid.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank TsuSWA
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed there for 3 weeks during my journey to Houston with my husband. The hotel was in a convenient and safe location. Metro bus station is near here and you can take the bus No.82 and access the Galleria and downtown. There are many market such as Randalls, Target, Whole food Market and many restaurant near here. The room was very clean, with comfortable king size bed and linens. Rooms come with well equipped kitchen area and cooking utensils. Room cleaning was weekly .WiFi is OK.
Free 'grab and go' breakfast was good. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful especially high energetic Chris and nice Dominique .We keep coming back because of the staff،rooms and location but we want discount this time!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarysaMo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Mary - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially Chris and Dominique. We are proud to provide you, and all of our guests, with a clean, comfortable room and amenities to make your stay even better.

Thank you again for sharing your comments. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My family connection has brought me to Houston Texas few time a yesar. Most of the time I stayed in Extended Stay in Houston.My favour is the one located at 2424 West Sam Houston Parkway. The staff are wonderful , friendly, helpfuland alway taking extra step tohelp all the customer.The Manager Mr.Brandon Crossy even helped me to use my own Ipad. I'd like to give commendation for all the staffs; especially "Maria" who has best listening skills and nice smiling.The property is clean, continential breakfast always fulfiled to customer request.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 2013houston
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our staff is wonderful , friendly, helpful and always taking extra step to help all the customer.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I got impressed when I visited at first time. friendly greeting and pretty good property.
Also It is located in the safe area and near by many facilities like a grocery store, snack bar.
anyway if you have a plan to visit the Houston, I will recommend you to stay in the Extended stay America.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were impressed when you visited the first time. I am also glad to hear we have a friendly greeting and pretty good property.

Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
Clarion Inn & Suites West Chase
Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Westchase

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer? Share your experiences!