Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Houston / Brookhollow Northwest
Ranked #363 of 511 Hotels in Houston
houston
“I enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed 2 March 2009

I have stayed here several years in a row with a business organization I belong to. I loved my room great king bed and very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and big enough. There was a very comfortable chair and ottoman along with a desk and good office chair. The internet was very easy to access and fast speed. I would love to come back here again and again.

Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank lolapeper
VINU11, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Houston / Brookhollow Northwest, responded to this review, 23 November 2010
Thank you for your review.
We renovate Hotel 2009, Interior and exterior. Furniture & Lighting replace.
Carpet change all rooms, New Beds, and Bath fixture replace. High-Speed Internet Install.
Guest Opinion Most Important.

Thank you!!!!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 11 August 2005

We made reservations to use our Gold Points obtained by staying at a Country Inns and Suites last summer and thought since the two hotel chains were affiliated that they would be comparable. WRONG! To begin with the hotel was dirty and smelled musty, the fold out sofa was broken and the front desk tried to charge me for a roll away bed. The pool was a little bigger than a large puddle and the breakfast consisted of pre-packaged danishes. The night clerk was rude, but the day manager was easy about refunding the money for the other two nights already charged. He refused to accept the free night points on the card without a free night certificate, but at least we got out of there. Did not appear to be in the best of neighborhoods either.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 16 June 2005

Park Inn and Suites advertised that they have highspeed internet, continental breakfast and business center. Don't ever fall into their trick. The counter staff called Maria or Mary, told me that they are planning to install high speed internet in all their rooms, but I'm not sure whether they will, they should not have put them in hotwire or expedia if they don't have.

They don't have continental breakfast, just donuts, coffee etc on the side on a table... this doesn't count as continental breakfast.

Their so-called business center is a run-down computer, not connected to internet or printer or scanner.... I might as well use my own computer!

It classify itself as a two and a half star hotel, but it's actually look, feel and stay like a one star motel. Most importantly, on hotwire, I booked it at $51.00 (less tax etc., after tax it's about $66). Most three to four stars hotels in Houston cost less than $70 and you are able to get a Ramada at about $49.99 or Rodeway Inn at less than that price, but you get better service, better room (did I tell you that their non-smoking room smells with smoke), don't need to book through hotwire for those prices.

Don't fall into their tricks....

9 Thank ovipconsult
Reviewed 16 June 2005

I paid $51.00 through hotwire for this hotel, this hotel advertise that they have high speed internet, business center and continental breakfast. I don't mind the breakfast, since Houston got what the heaviest people on earth, who cares about breakfast in hotel.

They don't have high speed internet as what they claimed, and I got to go to other places to get my e-mails. Thus, business travelers, beware.

They don't really have a fully equpped business center, just a run-down computer on the side.

The hotel is also not 2.5 star like what they advertise on hotwire.com, they are indeed a one or two star motel.

Finally, most of the reviewers here stated that they pay $30, but I paid $51.00 because I book through hotwire. My luck....

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis
Reviewed 24 May 2005

I stayed for Friday - Sunday in April and it was a decent hotel. Front desk staff was very friendly and we chatted about restaurants and distance to the event I was attending for Saturday.

A ton of restaurants are close to the hotel.

Has a small outdoor pool but definitely not a scenic location for the swimming pool.

• Stayed April 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank bowdenj
Reviewed 8 March 2005

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and I believe that you get what you pay for. For about $30/night, I got 2 beds and a shower. The people at the desk were very pleasant; however, don't expect Ritz-Carlton amenities. The breakfast was minimal, but since I'm not a breakfast person, it wasn't a big deal. In short, if you're not looking for a hotel "experience" and only looking for a place to sleep/shower, then I guess this may be a place to consider.

• Stayed March 2005
Reviewed 28 April 2004

I don't know if it was bad timing or just BAD! Rooms were being renovated. I reserved room with 2 beds. Got one with sofa-bed. That would have been acceptable except it got stuck half-way out. They offered to move us the next day, but would have had to move our things for us since we were going to be out. We said that if the sofa bed could be fixed, we'd stay in the room. It didn't get fixed or even put back in our entire stay. We also weren't moved. Minimal continental breakfast. Mold on bathroom shower curtain and tub caulking. I traveled with my 15 yr. old son and would not stay there again. My rate was $29.28 per night by hotels.com or lodging.com. I don't remember which.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Americas Best Value Platinum Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / Houston NW
Americas Best Value Inn - Houston / FM 529
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Houston/FM 249
Americas Best Value Inn &  Suites- Deer Park / Houston
Americas Best Value Inn-Houston I-45/Loop 610

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Houston / Brookhollow Northwest? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Houston / Brookhollow Northwest

Property: Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Houston / Brookhollow Northwest
Address: 12170 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77092-4928
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Ranked #363 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Houston / Brookhollow Northwest 2*
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Houston/Brookhollow Northwest offers our guests free wireless high-speed Internet access, free local calls, plus every oversized room has a refrigerator, microwave, iron/board, 42 inch flat screen cable TV w/HBO, clock radios, and a writing desk. Come visit the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Houston/Brookhollow Northwest, Texas, conveniently located off Northwest Freeway, near I-45. Our property is located within 15 minutes of downtown Houston. While staying at our hotel, enjoy our free full continental breakfast with hot waffles served fresh each morning. Fax and copy services plus one meeting facility are available for business travelers. Come stay at our exterior corridor property in one of our 45 charming guestrooms, you won't be disappointed by all of our extras! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Houston / Brookhollow Northwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.