Howard Johnson Express Inn - Houston Downtown
Ranked #390 of 517 Hotels in Houston
“amazing”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

good service, closest the downtown. the rooms are clean and very comfortable.
great for travel business, but only for sleep, not for dinner, or other mathers.

they have security place for amazon shipping

BEE A, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for your positive experience of your stay having at out Howard Johnson, Downtown Houston, Texas.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Appearance of the room was nice and sleek. Location very secluded in the area and overlooks the express way. Many empty homes in the area. Servers friendly but no common sense.

Service of the Hotel. I woke up to find that my toilet was clogged for whatever reason. Nothing was visually in the toilet but tissue. Tried to call front desk but the phone did not work to dial out. I walked around to the front and told the front desk. She handed me a plunger????? O-o.
Did you just hand me a plunger after I paid $104 with tax? I took the plunger and tried to fix it with no success. I went back to front desk because the phone was still not working. She handed me another plunger and I let her have it. I informed her that I did not pay to stay and do their plumbing too! This was not good customer service. She then offered another room for us to use instead, but I check out in 3 hours so whatever. Not pleased at all and really grossed out!

• Stayed January 2014
BEE A, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, we assure you, that we took all corrective majors, and assign a pm service to our valued customers.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I only chose this hotel because I did not want to pay 250 dollars for a downtown hotel room for one night. The location is about 5 miles away from any downtown attractions. We went to the Toyota center to watch an attraction. It was very easy to get to the hotel and back. The location is under construction so there are a bunch of bumps in the road. The room was pretty spacious, with a microwave and fridge. I'll probably stay here again if I can't find anything cheaper the next time. The staff were nice, granted, I never had to speak to them unless to check in or out.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We arrived at this hotel (on Greens Road) and it was a total disaster. The service was terrible, our room was dirty, the TV didn't work, only one light was working. The restroom was dirty and the door didn't close, it seems somebody kicked it and and was falling down. After just two hours there we manage to make a reservation at another hotel and just left. Never visit such property, it really sucks!

Room Tip: Don't even bother booking a room there, it reminded me the motel from the series "Bates Mot...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
BEE A, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
This review was posted to the wrong hojo property, our hojo property address is 4602 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77007. Therefore, we request you to remove this wrong guest post from your end as soon as you can.

Bee Ahir, Manager

Travellers are raving about these Houston hotels