“My home away from home”

Ranked #144 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Metairie
“My home away from home”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I am so thrilled with the new renovations and that the place is still looking so great!

First time my husband has joined me since the renovations, and he was thrilled with them.

Breakfast was wonderful. Staff so friendly and helpful. A bottle of water when I checked in!

Pool is still looking great, too.

Love the market and laundry.

No need to stay at another hotel with all the new amenities.

My go to place whenever I'm in Houston, no matter what area of the city.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Westchase, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Montegut,
Thank you for being such a loyal guest of ours and for taking time out of your day to fill out a review for us! We appreciate your kind words about our staff and I'm thrilled you are enjoying our new amenities and our newly remodeled hotel! We love having you stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Many thanks,
Michelle Cuny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Friendly efficient check in, with a follow up call to make sure everything was ok with the room. Some nice touches at reception too : bottled water, cookies and fruit. Good spacious room, size able bathroom. All the amenities worked, AC seemed a little loud but it did its job. No noise from the road, adjoining rooms or corridor but I could hear someone in the room above moving around from time to time. Comfortable bed. Water pressure in the shower could have been better but was still adequate.
Wifi was free and worked well, fitness centre was a little small but the pool was reasonable size, very clean and well stocked with towels.
Good selection for breakfast and pleasant area to eat it in. Everywhere was kept well cleaned. All in all a good stay. I'd definitely use it again when in Houston.

Room Tip: Try the top floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear UKSarahAtlanta,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Westchase Fairfield Inn. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed all of our amenities and that you will be back again in the future! I’m sorry the air conditioning unit was a little loud, I have addressed that with our maintenance department and we are taking all the necessary steps to ensure the units are well maintained which will help with the level of noise. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Houston!

Kind regards,

Michelle Cuny
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The Fairfield Inn Westchase in Houston was fantastic. Very clean, looks new, and a very friendly staff. Greeted by "Raven" when we checked in, she was totally into friendly service and we aim to please. Ten minutes after we got to our room, she called us to check if the room was OK and if we needed anything. WOW....nice! Our stay was great, free breakfast was part of the deal. The location was perfect for our plans, close to any type of service.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevator are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Just spent four nights at this hotel on business. It was a very good experience and I will be returning. All of the staff was very helpful,they had free wi-fi, the room had a mini-frig and microwave and breakfast was good for what it was. The bed was a little lumpy but I slept well. All in all, a good value.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2013

First impression:

Check-in was quick and friendly. Karen at the front desk was friendly, courteous, and informative. Renovations at the hotel appear to be complete so the entire hotel looks and feels new.

The room: Nicely renovated and clean. Comfortable beds and pillows. Lotsa power hook-ups beside the bed or at the desk, which is nice cos I could use and charge my laptop in bed easily. Bathroom was equipped with the usual amenities, and shower flow was great.

Breakfast was a complimentary full hot breakfast. On the day I had it, they were serving sausages, flat eggs and boiled eggs but I overheard the lady working there say that they change the hot items daily. Other items include fruits, bread, yoghurt, juice, and cereal selections, as well as a waffle maker. Lady working in the bedroom room was very pleasant, kept things nicely replenished and had ready smiles.

Overall, this property successfully hits all the "key performance indicators" (KPI) that I look for in a hotel stay. I would have rated them 5-stars but there is one potential area of improvement that prevented me from doing so: the bedroom had a strong smell of either an air freshener or cleaning spray - this may be overpowering for some people, and I would recommend the hotel review this.

While located beside the freeway, it is surrounded by hotels, corporate offices and trees, which actually gives it a very peaceful feeling. I also found the location provided easy access to all the things I wanted to do in Houston, and would stay here when I return to the city.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Southwest Connecticut
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Just spent two nights at this hotel on business.

Check-in was quick and efficient. The front desk agent was very friendly and made me feel welcome. The room was a good size, twin bed room, and it was neat and clean. I don't know how old this hotel is, but everything in my room looked fairly new.

The bed was very comfortable to sleep in and I thought the walls were well insulated; the room was quiet. The bathroom was clean and roomy. My only complaint, and it is a minor one, is that the TV listings in the room did not match the channel numbers on the TV. That was a minor inconvenience and I never ever brought it to management's attention.

The free breakfast in the morning was a good, varied buffet. The hotel served a hot breakfast, usually eggs and some kind of protein, and plenty of bagels, breads, cereals, juices and fruit, and of course, coffee. The staff serving breakfast was very friendly and welcoming and that seemed to be a common theme of everyone I met who worked at this hotel.

The location is far from Bush International airport. It took me about 45 minutes, in traffic, to get there, and the quickest way is through the toll road, Sam Houston parkway (8.) According to my GPS, Hobby is closer, but I'm not sure if it's more direct.

The location is good. A short drive to many restaurants and shopping.

I'll be back in Houston at the end of the month and will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Many times a guest can be inconvenienced when a hotel is still operating during reconstruction. After all, how would guests ever have new rooms and facilities if hotels didn't renovate? I had a fantastic experience in this property enjoying a beautiful brand new room that had "state of the art" furnishings and beyond what I expect from a hotel room. Yes, walking through areas of renovation is not what a seasoned traveling person may be used to, but it was never a bother. The guests were removed from the vigors of work in progress, the staff was as warm and helpful as you can ever imagine. You will be greeted by Raven, Megan and Janeil as well as Karen who are quite genuine when asking if there is anything they can do. In the evening you'll find Tarrel...and this gal know what hospitality is...a personality that makes you feel thrilled to be in a hotel that is being renovated. You will be greeted at breakfast by Charlene who cares for her breakfast station like no other. She is so friendly and helpful...wanting to know how your prior day was and wishing the best for the present day. The breakfast was bountiful, and kept perfectly clean by Charlene's care and concerns. The General managers, Michelle and Melanie set the standard here...warm and friendly people. I traveled here from New York for business, a long trip to say the least, yet felt quite at home the moment I arrived. The reason why I write this is because if a guest can have this wonderful experience during a tough renovation, then what happens in just a few weeks when the hotel is all done? What happens is that you have one beautiful facility, rooms that are well thought of with regards to furnishings and space, and you get that great staff as mentioned above. 5 stars for me, you'll agree when YOU get there.

Mitch