“Excellent Front Desk Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer

Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Ranked #242 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Front Desk Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

I spent two consecutive months at this location. Rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. Location is perfect. The front desk service is outstanding especially Tiffany! She takes her time with every customer and truly does her best to help everyone. Definitely a great experience. If I return again, this will be the first place I call!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you for writing such a great review of your stay. I am excited to hear that you made our hotel your home away from home for 2 months and that the rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. The location for you was perfect and the Front Desk service was outstanding as provided by Tiffany. Once again thank you for the review and hope to see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

I have been a guest at this property for an extended period of time. The staff is very professional, attentive and accommodating. Maria and Tiffany are two of the people who provide courteous service that make your stay as convenient as it is comfortable. The staff here will truly make your visit feel like a home away from home. Can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thank you for writing such a great review of your stay. I am glad to hear that the staff like Maria and Tiffany have treated you with professionalism and are very attentive and accommodating and have made you feel like at home. Once again thank you for recommending us and I hope we continue to be your home away from home!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stayed here a couple of years ago and the bed was very unconfortable. Now they have new beds, new great staff and looks like they have upgraded the whole property! So I have no compliants I`ve been staying here since the NEW YEAR!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Thank you for writing a review of your stay. I am excited to hear that you stayed at our hotel a few years ago and are back! We have made a few changes to the property since the last time you were there, we now have flat screen TVs in all rooms, new beds , which you have noticed are no longer uncomfortable,and we now offer a Grab and Go breakfast. We do have a new staff and management that takes pride and is committed to providing excellent service. Once again thank you for returning and seeing the wonderful changes we have made!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

I had to stay at the hotel due to a power outage at my apartment. I arrived at the hotel very late in the night. The lady at the desk was very understanding, checked me in without a problem and also accommendated my pet for a fee. They can have more of a choice on breakfast.
This will be my go to hotel for now on.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
Thank you for writing a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had a power outage at your apartment but glad to know that you chose us for your lodging needs. I will pass on your comment about our "Grab and Go Breakfast" and the variety concern. We are constantly looking at ways to improve so your feedback is very important. We pride ourselves in providing a clean and comfortable room and are glad that you checked in with out a problem late at night and of course we are pet friendly. Thank you for choosing ExtendedStay Hotels and for choosing us as your "go to hotel for now on". We hope to see you again soon!
Chennai (Madras), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed in this Extended Stay for 2 weeks and found that the service was below average compared to the other Extended Stay properties that I have stayed. The room I stayed was Queen-size. When I checked in, I found that the shower tap was jammed. It took over 3 days for them to fix it. After fixing, it started leaking hot water filling the bathroom with steam.This was not fixed even even after a week.

There were a few utensils that were usable but one of them had a loose handle and it came off when I held it. The bread toaster was broken and was never replaced for my entire stay.

While the rates charged by the hotel are reasonable, the service leaves a lot to be desired. I will not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that the service you received while staying with us was below average and that the issues you encountered with the shower and the kitchen where not taken care of right away. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is making sure that maintenance and management inspect all rooms prior to being rented. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at gmartinez@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Syracuse, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Stranded in TX from Hurricane Sandy, we booked this room through hotels.com...Arrived here two hours ago...they gave away our room so had to put us in a room with one bed and a pull out couch...we reserved two queens....figuring we could make it work we took the room. Walked into the room and it smelled SO STRONG of room deodorizer that it burned our noses (no exaggeration)...AC wouldn't work and couldnt reach front desk because the room phone didn't work either!!!! Wanted to open the window to air the room out and they had a screen in the window that didn't fit... there was a big open gap! No shampoo as the front desk said the hotel ran out...notnsure what else could possibly go wrong...opened up the couch to make the bed and there was a dirty kids sneaker it...I wish I could say this review was a joke but every bit of it is absolutely true! I travel a lot and do not ever complain or write a negative review...but I just had to share. Hotels.com would do nothing to help...I am just in complete disbelief!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. To prevent this from happening again, my management team is diligently working with the Front desk staff and Housekeeping to prevent this from happening in the future. We have also refunded your stay through Expedia and they will be refunding you directly. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at gmartinez@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

I had to book a last-minute hotel in the Galleria area, but did not want to pay Galleria prices. I FIRMLY believe in promo codes, rewards points, and any other deal I can find! I went on Hotwire and researched ratings, amenities & locations and booked this great hotel for the price of a Motel 6. (No offense, Motel 6! Good renovations, by the way.) LOL The hotel was clean & the staff was friendly. The hotel offered free wifi & had a nice-sized kitchen. Even better still, the Galleria was within walking distance. I love the fact that it is in close proximity to the Galleria & has a CVS right beside it. The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that the traffic on Westheimer in front of the hotel is horrible. I would definitely recommend this hotel-even at its already reasonable standard rates.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you got a good deal on Hotwire for our hotel and that you really like our location being close to the Galleria Mall and close to CVS. Thank you in advance for the referrals and for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again in the near future.