Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Ranked #234 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Good accomodation with friendly stuff and nice rooms incl. kitchen. For the price you have a good location. Close to everywhere. Unfortunately there is no restaurant, the gym is in another hotel abt. 300 mtrs away. WIFI is working good.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Daniel - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. It's great to hear that our staff provided you with such friendly service. As well, I am glad to read that you were liked having free WiFi and our hotel's location.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed in this property with my wife for about 30 days and was impressed with the
Location, the cleanliness of the environment, the friendliness of the front desk staff and
other service staff of the hotel. In addition, the free WiFi service was very effective and the
speed very comparatively fast.
I like home cooked food a lot and the kitchen in room 420 where we stayed made our
visit very memorable and enjoyable as we ate what we wanted all the time. It was
a memorable visit and will use the facility again and again on subsequent visits.

Room Tip: The rooms have either Queen's or King's bed. For a couple, a room with a King's will b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service provided by our front desk staff and the free WiFi. Also, I am thrilled that the convenience of the location met the needs of your holiday stay.

Thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

definetely recommend this place..good area and all the staff is great and are helpful in everything needed... not to mention that Lily goes above and beyond her front desk duties, and Hotel manager Tracy makes sure that everything is okay

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This was not a great stay, better than a roach motel (No bugs seen here), but that's about it. I smoke, but the horrible stench was worse than any smoking motel I have ever stayed!!!!!!

The ft. desk guy gave me the "If you have reserved 2 nights and only stay one, you WILL pay for the second day anyway, that's the hotel policy" and added "If you change your mind you wont get a room here" RUDE !!! Policies are Policies, but the presentation was HoRrIbLe.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel !!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.

We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not great and that the hotel had a horrible stench. It upsets me even more to know that the service you were provided by the front desk was horrible as well. I am sorry for your experience.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have retained both the front desk and housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at hgl@extendedstay.com

We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was very impressed with the staff-- very pleasant and helpful, even when I had to ask for the same favor over again after changing my mind. Room was very clean and comfortable. Blankets had a few cigarette burns in them, but the room did not smell of smoke at all. Grab and go breakfast was convenient and surprisingly hearty.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the blanket in your room had cigarette burns. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a clean and comfortable room. I'm also pleased to hear that you found the grab-and-go breakfast to be convenient and hearty. As well, I am thrilled that you were impressed with the staff.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I chose to stay here because they are supposed to have kitchens. The room did have one, but no pots, pans nor tea kettle. There was no means to heat water for tea, let alone cook. I asked for supplies but they were out of them, so no resolution was offered. The room looked dismal and the floor area in the kitchen and bath looked very grungy.
The corridor on my floor smelled so bad one night coming "home" I could hardly breathe there. Someone else must have been using all the pans - and garbage area.
That said, the staff were surprisingly good, surprisingly friendly. Hard not to appreciate them.
Definitely cheaper than anywhere else in the area, but not average enough for me to stay.
In summary: staff were good but it needs better overall management and investment in maintaining standards - wear and tear showed just too much.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Brenda S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Brenda - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Your comments in regards to the staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that your stay was not what you expected. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you had n pots and pans in your room and the staff did nothing to resolve the situation for you. It was even more upsetting to read that your room was unclean. In response to this feedback, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies. In addition, I am coaching that entire staff on how to provide better customer service in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at hgl@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope you will stay with us again in the future so we can show you our redoubled efforts.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

When I came to know that I will be visiting Houston for 3 months I was happy and without a 2nd thought called this hotel for reservation.

This time i found the rooms are more clean than my earlier stay here. Front desk staffs are helpfule. They are Tiffany,Courtney, Liily.

Room Tip: 4th floor are quiet and you will get better sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you so much for the recent review of our property. I am thrilled that you chose to stay with us on your second trip to Houston without a second thought. I am glad that Tiffany, Courtney and Lily were helpful during your stay. Thank you again for posting a review and we do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.